WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 23:05 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Any good for us?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 16:15 pm 
4000+ Poster

I found this on ebay today, what do you folks reckon, any good for us?

Ð

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 18:04 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: За Оборону и В.И.К "Патриот"
Erm....skoi eta, what is it?

"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 18:05 pm 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
Nothing! He has found nothing! The Northern Fleet already have great expanses of nothing... do we need more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 20:33 pm 
4000+ Poster

Sorry, state security services prevented me from disclosing source of purely defensive peoples technology, I have gained clearence and here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUSSIAN-SOVIET-WW ... dZViewItem

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 21:17 pm 
2000+ Poster

A bushlat? - yeah, it's fine for Naval Infantry, but will it fit? I have an identical post war one - but it has staybrite buttons, and brass originals are a menace to find.....

"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 21:19 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: Za Oboronu! (For Defence!)
Number of rows is important - I forget how though, one has five pairs and the other has six.

Quote:
"Memory is deceptive because it is coloured by today's events." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 21:41 pm 
4000+ Poster

And the other important question, is it worth fifty quid?

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 23:39 pm 
2000+ Poster

Well, this one's got the six buttons and is 92 dated - however, would you say the EBay one is faded or dark navy blue instead of black?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:20 am 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
Yes, my 1980's Red Fleet uniform has 6 buttons on the bushlat.... so does Stef's one he found on ebay.

I suggest that the ebay one is old, but not wartime.

One of the guys from the 13th Guards (Steve) had a real wartime naval bushlat and it is actually VERY different cut to the postwar ones, so its not just the buttons if you really want to be a stickler for detail...

And yes, brass naval buttons are chuffin hard to find... I have spent years trying to get some for my naval greatcoat, now have given up and am using it for postwar :D

Maybe we can find some when we go to Leningrad....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:39 am 
4000+ Poster

Cheers guys, £50 on a post war tunic, I'll leave it for now :wink:

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 18:00 pm 
2000+ Poster

I'll sell you my bushlat for £25 if you really want one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 18:51 pm 
5000+ Poster

I got my entire naval uniform for about 35 quid.... shirt, jumper, jacket, trousers, hat, insignia....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 19:04 pm 
4000+ Poster

Robin, not getting me like that, I tried yours on remember and could hardly breath! :Wink:

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 22:01 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: Za Oboronu! (For Defence!)
I imagine buttons were hard to get at the time as well, Steve's one had two Tsarist buttons on it... :wink:

Quote:
"Memory is deceptive because it is coloured by today's events." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 22:17 pm 
2000+ Poster

StmmZaum wrote:
Robin, not getting me like that, I tried yours on remember and could hardly breath! :Wink:

DOH! :lol: Actually, I wore it a few moments ago when I went outside for a smoke, and it's snug on me! Oh well.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 22:18 pm 
4000+ Poster

Nu Pogodi wrote:
StmmZaum wrote:

DOH! :lol: Actually, I wore it a few moments ago when I went outside for a smoke, and it's snug on me! Oh well.....

That is probably exactly why it is tight on me, what with my build being slightly more, erm, decadent shall we say :wink:

Ð