WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: 35th division set up
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 22:31 pm 

Group: Gold beach group and carrier crew
Hi everyone

Im pretty new to the whole US idea of things, but for the past couple of years I have been slowly collecting bits and bobs to put together an impression of a Corporal in the 35th Div.
So far I have a helmet, M41 with patches, webbing set up for a Thompson and managed to find two wonderful original haversacks one dated 42 the other 44.
Slowly but surely things are beginning to look good and my next priority over this year is to sort out trousers and boots.
What do you think would be more acceptable or common for the 35th around the time of St Lo 1944. Roughout boots or brown leather. Also I am assuming the trousers should be 1937 wool?

There aren't many photos of the 35th in action so please if you have anything share. I am also wondering if anyone knows the best place to purchase reasonable boots and trousers as repros from SoF are somewhat pricey and I am always concerned with quality.

Oh and one last thing, I am looking for a pin badge for my garrison cap and wondered if anyone knew where I may come across such a badge for regiment?

2nd and 4th Field Squadrons Royal Engineers, 7th Armoured Division 1941 - 1943

Cheshire Regiment Heavy Machine gun crew

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: 35th division set up
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 am 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Lee you are right in your assumption...would be the standard "Normandy" GI set up with Roughouts Leggings and "Wools"...M41 or Tankers....

EBay is your best bet for a Regimental DI and have you tried Epic or QM Belgium

35th eh...look in the Heimdal book US First Amy at war for pics and please no Kellys Heroes impersonations....woof woof woof....

Regards

Lloyd

Post subject: Re: 35th division set up
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am 
1000+ Poster

As cpl you need to ditch the Thompson and get m1 rifle gear. Only in Hollywood does ever GI has a Tommygun.