WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:37 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:15 pm 
Supporter

New tropical uniforms from Hiki. Looking good. Copied from originals.
http://hikishop.com/wwii-italy-c-185.html

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:08 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Mediterraneo WW2 Italian Reenactment Group
Great news, but you are being modest Mike. Copied from your originals, it should read. Bravo on your work with HIKI. At last, a new vendor to supply the Boys of the REI. That supply ship came through!!!

Neil

IF, and only IF, there is a war, we may provide you with a camouflage hood or cap in times of wet weather (Quote from the 1936 drill manual for the REI)

Telo Tenda Mimetico Modello 1929. Keeping Farbs dry at night since 1978

Its a Tent! Its a Poncho! Its a Ground Sheet! Its a Camouflage against the enemy. My word, its even a waterproof sleeping bag! It is not, however, German.

M33 Elmetto. Good against shrapnel. Great for grinding coffee. For that superb sweat encrusted taste.[/size]
http://ww2italianreenactment.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 15:20 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
"Pre-sale WWII WW2 Italy Tropical Troops Gimnasterka Shirt Tunic"

I can see that our influence is spreading to Italy now :)

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 15:28 pm 
1000+ Poster

I think Hiki is yet to learn Italian nomenclature. We shall help in his quest to supplement the GV side of the force....

Neil

IF, and only IF, there is a war, we may provide you with a camouflage hood or cap in times of wet weather (Quote from the 1936 drill manual for the REI)

Its a Tent! Its a Poncho! Its a Ground Sheet! Its a Camouflage against the enemy. My word, its even a waterproof sleeping bag! It is not, however, German.

M33 Elmetto. Good against shrapnel. Great for grinding coffee. For that superb sweat encrusted taste.[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:37 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
I look forward to the supply trunk in my sector in the near future then Camerati.

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 pm 
1000+ Poster

Got my uniform from Hiki yesterday and it is frankly, second to none. Brilliant construction. The fabric is practically the same as the originals. A+ in my book.

Neil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
Most interesting Camerata SuperMario, I will make investigations.

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 19:40 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I have ordered the camiciotto, plus pants and cap, and they are really very good products. The only detail worth improving is the buttons, which are perfect in construction and dimensions, but the Asiatic wood has a different grain than the typical Italian wood used on those uniforms. I consider this a very minor issue.

The quality and worksmanship are really good, the cotton is strong, stitching accurate and strong, and the color is spot on. I washed these in very hot water and shrinkage is minimal, maybe the cap shrunk a half size, the pants and camiciotto even less, and fading was almost nil.

I am really impressed. My only suggestion to Hikishop is encouraging them to produce the M42 long tropical pants, used by the REI in Tunisia, Sicily, and when fighting and working alongside the Allies in Italy up to the end of 1944.

Definitely a very good vendor!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 20:07 pm 

I want, but I am pale skinned!!!!!1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am 
1000+ Poster

Being pale skinned doesn't stop you. These uniforms come with a tan...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:43 am 
Supporter

Update on HIKI's stuff.

http://hikishop.com/wwii-italy-c-185.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 14:07 pm 
 WWW  Profile

judging from the website photos, he is getting out some pretty good stuff, there! The GV side cap looks really outstanding, and I am looking forward to seeing his greatcoat (no more modified Swiss coats!). If you have any chances of contacting hime, please let him know in Italy there would be - or so I would expect - a good market for:

- other ranks' M42 cotton trousers (ankle length) to go with his camiciotto;
- Officers' Sahariana jacket & trousers;
- GV wool shirt to complete his GV M40 uniform
- other ranks' trousers web belt.

I am relly happy to see this vendor turing out such good stuff, thansk to all of you there who made this possible.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 14:14 pm 
1000+ Poster

Just to let you know, i am sending Hiki my M41 para uniforms to be copied, so this should fill some of the gaps you have listed Kilroy.

neil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 am 

Hey guys,

Pretty sure this is my first post here! I'm located in the US and I'm looking into putting together an Italian impression. Long story short I emailed Hiki and asked if he was going to make any equipment such as rucksacks or gas mask bags and he said he'd love to but he has to get his hands on some originals to make the reproductions. So hopefully if he can find some he can start producing more than just uniforms!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 am 
1000+ Poster

Hi and welcome to the Italian section. Hiki has asked us about reproing rucksacks and so on but the fact is that they are still freely available on ebay and so on. The maschera anti gas bag and M39 march pack appear often and are relatively cheap. More elusive equipment such as the Alpini back pack and assault bag have limited appeal so Hiki might find himself losing money on any he makes. We have thought about other items but again, its the appeal.factor and current availability of original equipment. You can pick up gas mask bags, either M33 or M 35 for a few pounds each. Try Maschera antigas on Italian ebay and Zaino for the backbpacks.

Neil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:10 am 
 WWW  Profile

Neil, you really deserve the most sincere thanks from all Italian reenactors for what you are doing. I am keeping abreast with Hiki's new products and he is really going great.