WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 15:23 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 19:55 pm 

For a display table I am looking to put some dummy film cartons from the 1930-1940's, I have looked for them on the web and I have seen in the past someone produced printable sheets which could then be folded up and stuck together, however it seems that the website has disappeared.

I wondered if anybody has anything like these printable sheets for films like Kodak Super, Kodachrome etc, 35 & 120mm available?

Cheers

Rob

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 0:06 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Rob .. give me a Pm .. I have 120 and 35mm available from that website

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:28 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Voorwaarts MARS
I'll ask Mr Huyser if he still has them available online somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 13:42 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

I dont know if this will work

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 16:53 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Falcon History, AFRA
Correspondent wrote:
I dont know if this will work

Works for me, superb stuff!

"He looks like TV interference in that bloody face paint"

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake int he day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did"
T.E Lawrence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 17:19 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Glad I could help, glad they loaded ... I dont know about 'dummy' boxes, personally I make them up and keep my film in them ... erm to quote :D ... 'works for me' .... :wink:

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 19:52 pm 

Many thanks for that, they downloaded OK, I appreciate your help

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 22:20 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Glad to help as I say ... Also have the 620 carton and a flat pack box for sheet film if you need them ?

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:04 pm 

If you have a printout of the 620 carton that would be excellent as well, I have been having a go at printing some of the others out, just need to find the right sort of card, many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 17:07 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

I use a thick-ish card, not sure of the weight sorry, but it does just feed in my printer ... thankfully .. the time consuming bit is cutting out and folding together.

Here is the 620 carton and the flat pack for sheet film in case you can use it ..?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 15:00 pm 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
Allen.
Thank you so much for these. It is just what I wanted for a new display I am working on. (When I finally get out and about again..)
Please could you help me with a couple of queries?
My printer brings them up mustardy rather than the yellow they appear on the screen. Is this just my useless printer? All the pictures of the film boxes I have seen appear much brighter although there is quite a variety in colour.
Not being a 'photographer', could you please let me know what sort of shelf life these films would have had. When would these yellow and green ones been produced. I am trying to find a way of reproducing the boxes with the red and black chequers on them but have all but given up. I wondered what or when the difference was in the colour of the printing and design of the boxes.
Again many thanks for these. My display will not be half the display I hope it to be without these nets.. :D
Jude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 16:13 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Hello Jude .. again I am glad they are of use to people ..

Re color, every PC/laptop etc is different in the way it shows color according to the settings for each monitor I have learnt and it could be that what is shown on your screen then goes to your printer, I am not that up on that sort of thing perhaps folks with more PC savvy can explain that .. or it could be down to your printer, or the inks, I couldn't say, it could also be affected by the type of card you are using ??

Professional film has a short shelf life compared to that made for commercial use and has to be kept at a certain temperature, refrigerated (not frozen I hasten to add) and then allowed to acclimatise to normal temperature before use ... however the commercially made stuff, that made for the masses so's to speak, and sold in the shops, etc was made for that purpose, to sit on a shelf for a long time and as long as there has been no extremes of heat or cold, then when outdated, even for a quite long time, should still be good to go, perhaps with slight base fogging though due to age, which in reality does not detract that much I think with regard to the final image.

Given the dates of 'expiry' on the cartons and despite what I say above they did all have expiry dates, it is possible that the color schemes of the cartons had been around for a while, lets face it Kodak still use a yellow color today ... I do not know when these color schemes came into being, but re the expiry dates again I would say they were in use throughout the 30's and well into the 40's perhaps ..

I do have information on the different color schemes used for the aluminum film tins supplied by Kodak ... (cant put my hands on it at present) the lid colors relating to the type of film inside, perhaps they also relate to the film cartons color, I dont know, sorry.

If you still have trouble with color reproduction, let me know and I will print some of and send them to you, I will leave the cutting out etc to you if you don't mind :)

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 0:22 am 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
Thanks Allen. Pm sent.
Jude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 14:03 pm 

Thanks a lot for these boxes, will print out a few of them!

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/afpsas
https://www.facebook.com/afpsasreconstitution/?ref=page_internal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:03 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Just got two more original films in boxes from the US, one Agfa and One Kodak, both are 127 size and 1945 dated, but with a bit of judicious photo wizardry :wink: they will soon be 120 size film boxes and dated earlier ... !!
Im not up on making PDF stuff, they will be a publisher document but I can maybe print off on card and send if folks are interested, juts need to cover minimal costs on these two tho' if that's OK ?

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 13:45 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

No takers this time ... wonder why ... maybe because I'm asking for a little re-numeration perhaps .. ??The fact is I was given the other film packets I have posted and therefore couldn't in all honesty 'charge' for them or kept them to myself ... as some others might have done ... !!

These last two cost me a lot of money to get, the seller didn't mail to the UK, I had them sent to an old school friend in Canada and he in turn sent them to me, it cost a fair bit to get them so forgive me for trying to re coop a little of that, I am not above sharing, and not one to keep stuff to myself either, but at the end of the day neither am I a charity or made of money, they are there if you want them, if not, well that's OK too ... !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England