WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: 1917 Speed Graphic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 17:22 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
I realise this should probably be in the for sale section, but as it is item specific to this sub forum, a particular market so's to speak, then I thought I would put it here, however if the Mods feel they want to move it that's fine of course ..!!

The serial No is 86037 which dates it to circa 1917/1918 and is described as a Top Handle Speed , however it would appear to have been modified at some time in the past as it now has a side handle, a Kalart range finder and another viewfinder added … I did toy with the idea of returning it to its original state but to do that would leave screw holes were the range finder and other bits have been fitted to it .. so perhaps not ??

Given its age it is in good condition and usable, the Kalart range finder will I think need calibrating though, the cloth shutter is I think usable too although in all honesty I have not used this facility. The bellows are light tight, the focus smooth but with no focus lock, which is standard for this model.

The lens is marked ... Carl Zeiss Jena, Tessar 1:4.5 f = 15cm ... the serial No is 775576 which is around 1927 period and the aperture range is f4.5, f6.8, f9, f12.5, f18, and f25.
Info. re; lens dates here .. http://motamedi.info/serial.htm

The Compur shutter is numbered 258646 and dates to 1914, and the shutter speeds are
1 sec, 1/2 sec, 1/5 sec, 1/10 sec, 1/25 sec, 1/50 sec, 1/100 sec, and 1/200 sec. .. they all seem to work well when compared with the shutter speeds on a similar lens I have on my other S.G.

All in all given all the dates they tie into this being a completely original camera for its period.
Im open to sensible offers on this, only selling to make space and you can only use one at once of course .. please PM or e-mail if interested or you have any other questions

thanks

Allen

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: 1917 Speed Graphic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:24 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Voorwaarts MARS
Is it a 4x5" or a 3x4" version?

Post subject: Re: 1917 Speed Graphic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:22 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Hi Rick, its 5x4

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...