WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 22:07 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 am 

Correspondent wrote:
What do you use for crimping the edges of the packets ..??

Glue, line, iron probe and a lot of handwork.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:32 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
:D .. well I didnt think it would be easy ... :wink:

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
Comrades,
I can see your Political Officer needs recalling, it must be odd to see a minor diversionary Front in support of Mother Russia being depicted within Mother Russia. :lol:

Strength to your Arm, kill many Pit Vipers. :D

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 18:48 pm 

Viktor wrote:
Comrades,
I can see your Political Officer needs recalling, it must be odd to see a minor diversionary Front in support of Mother Russia being depicted within Mother Russia. :lol:

Strength to your Arm, kill many Pit Vipers. :D

Recalling? We will bury him alive!

Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 18:58 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: WW2 Tommies
Nice photos guys!

Doing an Airborne impression? Want to try jumping out of an original C-47?

http://www.wwiiadt.org

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 23:20 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Correspondent wrote:
What do you use for crimping the edges of the packets ..??

I use a professional crimper :wink: :D

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 23:26 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

thegi1944 wrote:

L:ove the lithographed can, very authentic, but "franks and buckwheat"???

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 23:39 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

thegi1944 wrote:
harveycoppock wrote:
Nice Can! Overshoes!

We try to do authentic rations.

Really nice can, impressed, but I wouldn't put a stick of gum in the C ration... The lemon powder in my original is celophane, and the specs doesn't mention the beverage at all ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 am 

Bazooka Joe wrote:
Nice photos guys!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 am 

SaddleTramp wrote:
Really nice can, impressed, but I wouldn't put a stick of gum in the C ration... The lemon powder in my original is celophane, and the specs doesn't mention the beverage at all ...

Thanks, we will note it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:20 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

thegi1944 wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:

Thanks, we will note it.

No problem, below is one of my repros next to an original (I know, mines is darker shade gold, and I use glossy gold paper), and some originals, I can see you need no help in the outsides (though I cannot find any "franks and buckwheat in any specs), if you need any help in making the contents, just ask:

On the left (the original), you can see the lemon powder beverage packet for reference;

Complete edible set I made, what you see on the label is what is inside;

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Something else I've just thought, and not knowing the unit history and campaign theatre I could be off base, but unless you are doing a campaign scenario after around late 1943 I would only include coffee as the beverage, as it was in spring 1943 that they initiated a programme whereby there where three beverages, coffee, lemon and cocoa for each meal respectively ...

In each, three you should include
Coffee; 3 sugar tablets
Lemon; 6 sugar tablets, or a package with 34g of sugar
Cocoa; no sugar

Also, of note, there was supposed to be three cigarettes in each of the coffee and lemon units, but none in the cocoa units, I have only '42 dated examples, so cannot confirm if this was actually implemented...

Hope this helps :D :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 15:04 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

I thought I'd just check before I bumped my gums even more, but aye, there was gum in the C rations, only they where introduced in the "accessory kit" which was being procured in the summer of 1944, and after exhausting all earlier versions - supply and demand etc etc I would say not really in Europe, but I could be wrong, maybe early 1945 ...

Something I have myself been pondering, the Accessory Kit, as it was "two tablets of gum, three packages of three cigarettes each, a book of matches, a packet of 12 sheets of toilet paper, 12 Halzone tablets, and can opener (p38?)" per man... Just a thought 8)

Sorry for "going on" but rations is my thing, some are gun geeks, and some are truck and jeep geeks, I'm a ration geek :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 18:10 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hi guys, are you by chance going to be on the 2ndAE 2014 trip? If so, then we'll meet there - of course, you'll have to desert the 2nd battalion as we will be "B" Company :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 am 

SaddleTramp wrote:
Complete edible set I made

Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 am 

Kilroy_ wrote:
Hi guys, are you by chance going to be on the 2ndAE 2014 trip? If so, then we'll meet there - of course, you'll have to desert the 2nd battalion as we will be "B" Company :)

2ndAE 2014 trip? I hear the first time about it.