WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:41 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:24 pm 

Photos from the Sunday now uploaded to http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswichboy/sets/72157634139462846/.

Portrait heavy....probably not for the hardened re-enactor!

Les.

Last edited by ipswichboy on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:33 pm 
3000+ Poster

Well that's 2 minutes of my life i'm not going to get back. Not knocking your photographs but the some of the subject matter... well. Thank god there isn't a Farb Police....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Wide Load wrote:
Well that's 2 minutes of my life i'm not going to get back. Not knocking your photographs but the some of the subject matter... well. Thank god there isn't a Farb Police....

Old man modern flat cap, modern glasses, t-shirt under (and showing ) old man grand dad shirt, totally orfentic :roll:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:43 pm 

" AND TONIGHT ON CRIME WATCH - HAVE YOU SEEN THESE PEOPLE..."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 13:09 pm 

Well the gentleman did say...

ipswichboy wrote:
....probably not for the hardened re-enactor!

Les.

:roll:

I mean, Haworth does seem more 'nostalgia'' than 'living-history' and I think as 'reenactors' we need to appreciate that both of these two different approaches exist instead of just poo-pooing what we don't like, because, put simply, it isn't going to go away. Whether you like it or not.

:wink:

Last edited by nickberry on Tue Jun 18, 2013 18:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 16:57 pm 
3000+ Poster

It aint going away - it also aint re-enacting / living history / anything to with this hobby.

Hardened or otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 17:21 pm 

gliderinf wrote:
It aint going away - it also aint re-enacting / living history / anything to with this hobby.

Hardened or otherwise.

While this isn't really the place for this type of discussion and while I am certainly in the 'living history' camp I have to disagree with the 'it ain't anything to do with this hobby' attitude. While reenactors continue to go to nostalgia events and while people who let nostalgia influence their ideas promote themselves as 'living history' then there will always be a cross over, especially for the uneducated public who, see both as part of the same big circle. You/we/us might not like it, but you/we/us do have to accept that it isn't going away any time soon.

*Edited - for clarity.

Last edited by nickberry on Tue Jun 18, 2013 18:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 17:28 pm 
3000+ Poster

I didn't disagree with you about it not going away.

It spreads like the bloody plague.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 17:30 pm 

gliderinf wrote:
I didn't disagree with you about it not going away.

I know you didn't. I was using 'you' in a broader sense and wasn't aiming anything at you personally. Apologies if you got the wrong end of the stick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 am 

Group: Hot-B
Some nice portraits les,
Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Exactly .. when viewed as what they are, in the nature that Les took them, they are good pictures, portraits of people AT A 1940's EVENT, not necessarily 1940's re-enactors .. its a shame some here cant differentiate that point ... and as has been said, they are not going to go away ... its a shame perhaps some of the detractors dont go away, that way there may be a bit more respect and peace here ... !!!!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:13 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Correspondent wrote:
Exactly .. when viewed as what they are, in the nature that Les took them, they are good pictures, portraits of people AT A 1940's EVENT, not necessarily 1940's re-enactors .. its a shame some here cant differentiate that point ... and as has been said, they are not going to go away ... its a shame perhaps some of the detractors dont go away, that way there may be a bit more respect and peace here ... !!!!!

I'm sorry, but like newspapers putting their wares in the public view, they are leaving themselves open to criticism, especially on a public, very public, forum, this is after all, supposed to be a country of free sheech and if we all just simply patted each ohter on the back and stuff we would just descend into a farce... On the other scale, silencing all opposing views is what the generation the subject of which this website is all about, fought for freedom of speech and stifling all opposing views...

In other words, if you don't like people laughing at silly photos (that's not a critique of the actual photos, the techniques etc - ad nauseum) then don't post them :lol:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:36 am 
3000+ Poster

Can't stand the heat... stay outta the kitchen..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Cant make your mind up what you want to be ... English, German French US ... soldier, sailor, airman, marine .. maybe you need to get out of re-enactment .. ?????

The one thing that DID NOT HAPPEN .. was for people to change nationality or service ... re-enactment my ass.. !!!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 am 
3000+ Poster

Oh im sorry didn't realise you was the reenactment police. Geez sorry officer... i wont spend my time showing the public different sides of history.....

Knob.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:55 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

NB: ... there were rare occasions when and where personnel did change services its true .... the thing being they didn't change back the week after ... Walter Mitty lives within UK re-enactment .. !!

... like others on another forum ... yeah .. Im having a bad hair day ... !!!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England