WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:41 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: Poor Bloody Infantry
This event went really well. :) We all had a brilliant time and thankyou so much to all the effort and hard work people put in, it went really well. A bit on the quiet side, but the museum made more than they normally would on a weekend and its been put on the map and we have something to expand on for next year. Thankyou to everyone who turned up (especially Paul Watson who was able to make it, great impression and thanks for the support :) ) and thankyou for all your hard work and effort. It really was a great event! Here's a selection of pictures from the weekend (probably more to come as I know Paul got some crackers!) of both the event during the day....and us re-enactors letting our hair down in the evening privately. ;) If anyone would be interested in joining us next year, please let us know as the event is confirmed to happen next year we are just going to confirm the dates. :) Thanks once again. Joe.

Children playing with the stirrup pumps.

PBI's attempt to teach children British drill. For some us, it had been a long time since we had done it (and for me the first time I had taught anyone it). But it went ok. Thanks alot to Aaron (Pike) for his help.

Also had the HUngarians teaching their drill, eventhough it was harder, they were better teaches and the kids did it better! Representative of something I think.

Kids enjoying the turntable demonstration.

Our fabulous entertainer.

Andy's (PBI) attempt to get out of his Parachute and into action as quick as he could. Apparently he did it in 19 seconds!

Me fratanising.

PBI Display. We did have a Bren position set up for kids to sit behind but haven't uploaded that picture yet. ;)

Some of our dancing friends who helped Laura with her dance display.

Museum staff who even put the effort in to dress up. Some of them did a really good and surprised us! They were a great laugh and really got involved. :)

Picture of oneself patrolling the museum when bored. haha.

Rationing and make do and mend.

Hungarian display.

The fabulous organiser and the NFS fire truck (she does an NFS impression but wasn't wearing it at this time).

Us letting our hair down.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username