WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 23:23 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Kelmarsh 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 17:19 pm 
So Kelmarsh 2012 was a literal washout and therefore cancelled as a public show. But that didn’t the Guys from GI44-45 and our friends from other groups enjoying the respite from the rain when the sun came out..

Farmer , Glen Mallen discusses options with those present

“Got a penny?” 1st Div LHA set up a movie theatre

Mark Almond, showing off , "At the fronts" new line in repro equipment from the Engineers department

Corporal Murphy states he’s no Black sheep and he enjoys a cup of English tea.

“They’ve pulled the plug - so now I’m gonna pull the plug! ” Corporal Murphy looks for a way to let the flood waters subside.

FAAA take some shelter in the nearby woods.

“We’ve got to set down all this tentage??”

“Hats off to you” as the sun comes out the GI44-45 boys ditch the helmets in favor of their Garrison caps.

Corporal Murphy points out Captain Mallens' Knee jerk reaction , when we asked if it was all in order to remove our woollen shirts, it being so hot and all.

“Gor Blimey Guvna” Captain Mallen impresses his squad with an impression of a London Cockney..

Pvt Bond didn’t realise it was deeper than he thought

Whilst others spot his mistake and take the long way around.

No white feather for Corporal Murphy, he’s no coward. Although he’s not sure what a pink feather means. But at least it cheers up his squad.

“I was Hitler’s double”. Little did the squad know that Pvt Darren Bond was an excellent Hitler impersonator

Private Matt Price demonstrates to Pvt Darren Bond (right) how to walk in mud and avoid deep puddles

“Can you confirm our reservation at the Holiday Inn has been accepted?” asks a worried Corporal Murphy

“Not hasn’t”, says Farmer Mallen

……….smiling!!

Enjoyed the time we were there, thanks to all those that made the effort to come along, improvise, adapt and overcome!!

Last edited by Johnny_Costino on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: Kelmarsh 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 18:20 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Gawd Blimey Guvnor the "boss" is doin afair representation of the "Lambeff Wawk" innit...:-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 18:29 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
Paul,

Pleasure to see you and the guys and thank you for making us smile with those piccies, such a shame for all but look at the smile on Glen's face, it was just like a version of 'I'm a re-enactor get me out of here' :lol:

Hope everyone got off site ok and I feel sorry for all regarding the level of effort all round, hope nobody has lost any kit etc.

Cheers Dave

' Jeez, where's that damned Lt. taking us now, he's gonna get us all killed'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 18:32 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Glen...smiling...that dont happen very often i tell you......Love it Dave i reckon your onto a winning new TV show there mate....

A top group turns up to a Donkey Derby.....and the immortal line is spoken and its the quickest group to take down all the tents and display and get home win a free weekend at Butlins at Minehead.

WINNER

Regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 18:45 pm 
beachmaster wrote:
Paul,

Pleasure to see you and the guys and thank you for making us smile with those piccies, such a shame for all but look at the smile on Glen's face, it was just like a version of 'I'm a re-enactor get me out of here' :lol:

Hope everyone got off site ok and I feel sorry for all regarding the level of effort all round, hope nobody has lost any kit etc.

Cheers Dave

Cheers Dave,

I've never seen Glen out of OD as best I can recall, it cheered me up to no end just to see him wearing those MilSpec wellies!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 19:46 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: A.F.R.A
we literally had a river side property by the tributary formed by the overflowed river! :shock: :lol:
we turned up at 1 A.M. got the tent up at and to bed at 3 A.M. I had joked about digging a ditch for drainage around the tent and joked about making a moat, one of the stewards buggy quad bikes horns were going off because the water had got to the electrics our group leader went out to see what was going on, and to go to the toilet, and came back simply saying "erm...guys....we have a moat." :lol: . luckily we were on a little high ground but had to bail out the neighbors.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 21:07 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
good to see you fella.........and Murph too. Thank you for the gaffer tape Murph, it's in my car, came to find you yesterday but you'd gone home......it saved me from getting more soaked than I already was sat night, used it to cover the tiny hole in the halftrack canvas I was sleeping in lol

Foxy
x

[color=#0000FF]

I portray Captain ANC as part of Ranger Re-enactments Medical Dept