WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:32 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 am 
 WWW  Profile

Thnx mate. It`s amazing how much that nose stud spoils it. I knew I didn`t like that, but it wasn`t until seeing it removed that I saw HOW MUCH I hated it. Cheers.

Taking 'normal' pics regularly, and having done a model shoot - I just fancied trying something different. Not to everyone`s taste, but then I hate Marmite - and some people love it.

Got some 'normal' shots of Beltring coming up in Model Military Internatiional mag.......

I gues variety is the spice of life :D

Back on topic; I`ve noticed on this monitor ( different from the one I originally saw the picture on) , the hat shows better ....so bang on there. Ne monitor time I feel..

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 17:00 pm 

Hi I'm Pete Wilson

I've been into photography for the last 4 years and progressed from basic dslr's to a pretty decent setup as my confidence has grown.

Photography is very much a hobby but has become more than that - its become a way to express myself creatively.

Todate my best work has been with people. I cover landscapes and sporting events but, when it comes down to it, I seem to work best with people. This translates into me not being shy about being forward!

I have recently set up a website www3.clikpic.com/pwils10/ where you can see a range of my work. Flickr is probably best for my reenactment shots www.flickr.com/photos/pwils10/

I first stumbled across the Reenactment scene via the Bunker Bash and having been a childhood fan of Battle and Commando comics and an all round war nut (sven hassell was my fav author) felt i had found my niche in shooting pics of the Living History groups.

So far I've made good contacts with a number of groups and attended the bunker Bash, War & Peace and the MVT event. I've met some great people and I hope produced some reasonable results.

I'm looking forward to expanding my skills, my contacts within the community and my portfolio and meeting fellow snappers at appropriate events.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 18:50 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hi Pete,
Welcome! I to have done landscape and others but am always drawn to people. My partner has told me on many occasions that i can start a riot trying to control a crowd. Something about getting the camera out and the crowd livens up. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 22:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hows everyone's summer going?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 am 

Jenny

thanks for the welcome.

Summer is good - managed to attend a few events and expect to be much better prepared next year.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:39 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Voorwaarts MARS
Summer's going alright,

Just participated in an event at Fort Veldhuis (NL). Small event, with some nice photo opportunities.

And the 2nd Armored in Europe Tour's coming up in September. Need to order some more film before then ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

....summer: Trying to say the least.

My kingdom for some light. Covering Beltring was a nightmare due to the weather, but at least there were occasional gaps in the clouds. The VJ weekend at Cobbaton was overcast. Please, please oh great god of photographers give me some light for the Victory show!! :cry:

.....if not, has anyone got a pile of illumination flares they don`t need?

B&W is fine for web and home use, but magazines like color; and colors like light.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:46 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 514th Q.M. Truck regiment ( Red Ball Express )
My name is Barry James Wilson.
Retired but my photography work is with LHA WWII , belong to Red One but take photos of all LHA units .
Moved to taking photos of WWII about 5 years ago after i was the photographer for the
Bovington Multi event called Armour through the ages and got asked to do photos for Red One.
I take most of my photos on the battlegrounds in uniform , normaly behind trucks - tanks or props
to keep out of site of the public , this can be hard to keep up with the action as you are a bit retricted
on where you can be on the battlefield.
On the battlefield i am in uniform and if i move and out into the open my camera it is in a gass mask case
so as not to be seen by the public
I photograph re-enactments ( Celts to WWII ) and yachting in the solent ( Cowes week to Round the Island )
My web site is http://www.barryjameswilson.co.uk .

the site has a mixture of re-enactments and yachting.
Attachment:
Folkstone (8).JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Happysnapper on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:20 am 
 WWW  Profile

I’m not in the UK and haven’t been across the pond in a very long time, but if anyone is ever in the states, I can be found from time to time at events. I do a full correspondent impression but mostly a writer and war artist (I’m a staff writer and cartoonist for WW2 re-enactor magazine). Here are some shots of me and my gear:

Some of my original items:

Photos I took at Arlington this summer:

Me being drawn as a correspondent in a comic book this year, the name of the character is that of my grandfather (who was not a correspondent):

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am 
 WWW  Profile

I'm Dave Tyrer currently based in Harlow, Essex.

I was a Travel Photographer some time ago, commissioned for worldwide assignments. After a break of over 20 years I started photographing again about 3 years ago, namely wildlife and just for fun. My last career in IT has come to an end and I'm now building up a business in Photography once more. I'm also part of a group called Essex Strobists and we regularly get together with models to shoot images for our respective portfolios on a TFCD basis. I've always enjoyed history and I'm looking forward to getting some nice re-enactment shots and maybe even video.

Thanks

Here's a link to my facebook page...there's a pic on there.

Dave Tyrer - Facebook

Dave Tyrer - Flickr

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by davetee on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 20:18 pm 

Hi my names Sam,

Involved in living history for quite a few years now and studying photogrpahy since GCSE's. Thought I would put some links to my photos up for you all. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28943641@N ... 668671154/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28943641@N ... 410324682/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28943641@N ... 364416950/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28943641@N ... 787899060/

Thanks, best regards, Sam :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 18:57 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

hi all, my name is monique i started doing photography a few months back , thanks to nick for helping my daughter get me the right camera for my birthday , i have always wanted to do photography but never had the time especailly running the group as well, but now i am planning to take things a little easier and let my son take over the reins a bit more which will hopefully give me more time to take photos ,mainly of our group but i would like when i can to take more of other groups ,i also do take part in the reenactment side of things but as i said when i do get time off like to pick up the camera ... so as i said i am a newbie in this so hopefully i will get better ,but i know i am enjoying my self at the moment taking the photos i have ... thanks

56th Independant Infantry
2nd Battalion Essex Regiment

Best display 2008 Royal Gunpowder mills
Best group 2010 ww2 reenactors magazine
Best display 2010 ww2 reenactors magazine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 am 

Group: none - yet!
hello everyone! my name is lora! (very new to the forum)

i'm 22 years old, just finished an art degree in manchester and i consider myself to be abit of an 'all rounder' artistically, as i'm really passionate about photography as well as graphic design, illustration, print...tons of other stuff

i'm currently (like the majority of graduates) out of work and am currently investigating setting myself up as abit of an art 'handyman'.

i really want to get into re-enacting but unfortunately simply cannot afford it at the moment but am hoping to maybe get a nice 'rochambelles' outfit or an 'ats' aircraft spotter (in short, i want to dress up abit like a boy).

i've been taking photos since i was little, but only seriously from the age of about 16, when i was finishing high school and beginning with my photography a-level.

here's me... (apologies for looking abit tatty, i took this while living as a student in manchester)

when it come's to my photography style... i don't think i have one 'yet', but perhaps thats a good thing. i'm perhaps a little shy at times which is something i need to work on. i think at the moment i'm abit of a 'candid' photographer but not out of choice, out of fear! but i guess if i'm going into business i need to get over all that. anyway, i'm really keen to shoot re-enactors at the moment as i cannot afford to be one. the master plan would certainly be for any money i make from my work going towards a uniform.

i learned alot at university as i pretty much had to teach myself everything - the downside of being on a multi-disciplinary art course. but i taught myself to hand colour amongst other things, and its something i've used on a couple of casual shots... here's an example!...

i'll be sure to plug myself ruthlessly when i have a site set up! :-) x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 18:05 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Voorwaarts MARS
I know what you mean about being a candid photographer out of fear. I've never dared to do real street photography because I'm way to shy for that. ;)
I don't think you would have much to fear from re-enactors/living-historians though. Most of them probably don't mind to put on a pose for you if you ask at events.
But yes, having the right outfit helps a lot.

I find I usually shoot portraits and daily life scenes (like cooking, or woodworking, cleaning guns, radio operations). Rarely do I get round to doing proper
photo shoots. Not that I'm anywhere near an educated professional :D

Impressive example of hand colouring btw.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 13:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 514th Q.M. Truck regiment ( Red Ball Express )
I now have put photos up on Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryjames ... ollections

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 23:44 pm 

Group: North West Military Collectors
Just joined and thought I'd put my bit in here, I've been into photography since I could pick a camera up. Took one with me as I traveled the world and during 12 years of military servicewhere I was regimental and squadron photographer and including the fall of the Berlin Wall and the 1st Gulf War. I'm now one of the official group photographers for North West Military Collectors and I'm now attempting to go pro. I start college in September to do 3 A levels in Art and Design and then hopefully Uni the year after to do a B.A. Hons in Photography.

I'm allways up for a challenge and a new task, if you want me to attend your event please feel free to ask and we'll sort something out. I'll post some of my stuff on here and you can tell me what you think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next