WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 20:52 pm 

I'm just a housewife with a hobby - I love photography and studied it for 3 years as an adult learner at college, I'm an active member of two camera clubs and also help run and International Salon of Photography annual competition. Yes, I've done the RPS, PAGB & FIAP accreditations, won some regional and international awards, have done several commercial jobs, but I always say that perseverance, luck and timing has been my friend.....

A few from a couple of recent events - All 2016 - War on the Line (Watercress Line, Hampshire) and Solent Overlord at Denmead, near Portsmouth

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them - and I have to say, everyone who's pic I took was fabulous!!! I wish I could thank them again because they were awesome :)

ImageOverlord by Maria L, on Flickr

ImageOverlord 2016 by Maria L, on Flickr

ImagePolish Airman, RAF - War on the Line by Maria L, on Flickr

ImageFab dancer! War on the Line 2016 by Maria L, on Flickr

Image1940's beauty! by Maria L, on Flickr

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: First Allied Airborne Army Command
Very nice Maria!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:24 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
I don't often post pictures, most will know why, I have explained in other threads, but I am constantly asked about the pictures I take ..'do I do FB'? ... No, I don't ... I have a website designed and ready to go but frankly at £400 as I have been quoted to set it up it wont be available any time soon unfortunately.

I know too as I have said before that my pictures aren't every ones cup of tea, but in trying to recreate 1940's style pictures I look for scenarios that could (perhaps) have been seen in that period and whereas I try to get a 'clean' as I call it background, or area around the subject matter, I leave it to those I am taking the pictures of, as re-enactors to be sure that they are correct in their presentation, when that happens the result is (hopefully) a picture that looks like at the very least, that it could have been taken in the 1940's.
As such for the nitpickers out there, if there is a 'fault' to be found in the picture, more often than not going by past comments I have had and seen posted on others pictures, then that 'fault' is in reality down to the subject and/or their presentation not the picture taker surely .. I know a bit about US stuff, equipment etc, RAF and of course Warco/Photographer but nothing in detail about Army Navy Marine or Air Forces, neither do I know about German Italian French etc etc .. as I say I leave it to those re-enactors doing that to be right and combine with a clean background to make a forties style picture ..

Hmm :wink: Ok rant over, sorry :) this is what it was leading too .. Peak Rail, and for my money a very good German group, could the pictures have been taken in the 1940's .. judge for yourselves ..

Cameras
1936 Leica with 1935 Leitz Elmar 5cm lens
1936 Contax with Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm lens
Film
Kodak Max color film, 400 ASA

All pictures are copyright, please ask if you would like a copy, thanks .. !!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 13:13 pm 

Allen, Thanks for posting the photos, I love seeing what other people capture when using these classic cameras, and you have got some great photos there. Sod the nitpickers I for one would like to see some more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 14:57 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Hi .. thanks Granville ... I don't post for praise and instead of saying ' judge for yourselves ' I should perhaps have asked if people agreed or not, we learn from constructive comment I feel .. and after all WWII was not just all about battles etc, it was about people and normal life of the time, something that 1940's re-enactment gives the photographer a chance to capture as well as the battle scenarios maybe.

Anyway a further selection then from Peak Rail again, Pately Bridge, Rufford and Lytham last weekend, not a location that lends itself to clean shots but I managed to get a couple .. !!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 14:35 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

PS; ... I can do 'battlefield' too .. :wink: .. :)

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8