WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: The Fighting Fourth
Hi guys, been photographing reenactments for a few years now, do loads of stuff! got some great pictures thank to my group the fighting fourth. always looking for new ways of capturing/ editing, etc. ii use film and digital but i like to keep it 40s!

martin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Army Physical Training Corps, N.O.4 Commando C Troop
Stoker 2nd Class / Leading Stoker (Royal Navy - H.M.S Hawkins (D86) & H.M.S Pembroke II
2nd Batt. Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, 227th Infantry Brigade, 15th Scottish Infantry Division (Holland)
6th Guards Armoured Brigade - 3rd Batt. Scots Guards Reg.
R.A.F Regiment

CORA Combined operations reenactors association.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 17:44 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Group: Glamorgan Home Guard, AFRA
Robin02 wrote:
Re-enactment digital cameras after viewing Normandy and conference some re-enactors. It was there thatobserved about the War and Serenity display and after my first trip to the display connected on getting pictures thinking about shooting most times of residing

you might be writing in english, but what language are you thinking in you have joined today, made about a dozen post's and they are difficult to understand ..... are you a WW2 reenactor ?

"LIFE IS GOOD" - Hitcock45

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 18:44 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
I thought it might be Stanley Unwin Barry .. ????

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 19:13 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Group: Glamorgan Home Guard, AFRA
LMAO :-)

"LIFE IS GOOD" - Hitcock45

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
Comrades,
I see I must hand over the Chairmanship of the Unnecessary complex use of the written word on an English progressive people's forum.

I'm just playing at it compared to Comrade Robin02.

It is nonsense of the highest order, I doff my Pilotka to your skill.

:lol:

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 14:03 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 416th rifle Regt.RKKA & No.3 Commando
hopefully i'll get some photography in this re-enactment season, you'll either see me as B.E.F or 416th Rifle Regiment, 212th Rifle Division, 62nd Army, don't really like walking around in kit with my canon SLR its quite rare, so after trying out my new toy I can keep it authentic, Kodak Retina 1937 Stutgart 35mm B&W :)
I studied Modernist Photography A level in college, have done some Glamour photography shoots in the past, hugely influenced by CAPA with my ww2 shoots

-------------Снайпер матери Россия-------------

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 15:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: None
Hi everyone, what a great platform this is! We are getting ready for the spring and summer events to take high quality action shots of you. Which events are you going to?

Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Recreating.History for regular updates and check out our website http://www.battle-damage.com

Working with reenactment groups to help educate the public, helping remember those who have fallen. Looking for artwork where YOU are in the picture? as if you were actually there? We are designers, illustrators and photographers who take time to produce high quality digital drawings and paintings. Using the latest software and hardware we recreate scenes from any era to produce artwork of a military nature. We can then supply you with this artwork printed onto a media of your choice.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 am 

Quote:
Working with reenactment groups to help educate the public, helping remember those who have fallen. Looking for artwork where YOU are in the picture? as if you were actually there? We are designers, illustrators and photographers who take time to produce high quality digital drawings and paintings. Using the latest software and hardware we recreate scenes from any era to produce artwork of a military nature. We can then supply you with this artwork printed onto a media of your choice.

Looks fake. Don't like.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
" Using the latest software and hardware we recreate scenes from any era to produce artwork of a military nature. "

It is fake, says so there ..

Photography .. from the Greek Photos Graphos .. 'I write with light' ... not I write with a digital process ... !!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 am 

Group: None
Hi every one,

My name's Michael (Mike) and I'm from Leicester. I try to get to as many events as I possibly can and have been doing this for a couple of years. I am 33 and have been doing photography in general since around mid 2008. I think I have a natural eye when shooting at the re-enactment events and try and get candid shots rather than posed, as I prefer the more natural feel. I have very recently set up a page on Facebook to add all my event photos too, so please feel free to stop by and see what you think. Have met some very nice people at the events as well and who are now friends. I will add a photo of myself below along with a link to my Facebook page.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljtopleywarphotographer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 pm 

Group: SS-Kriegsberichter
Hey Guys,

My name is Joe, I portray SS-Kriegsberichter Obersturmführer Friedrich Zschäckel (I own his camera).

Although I have been to a few events this year, I've been focusing on collecting original equipment and tools to properly begin in Winter 2013/2014. I'm currently working on reproducing wartime photographic archive stamps and building a period darkroom (I'm nearly there).

I use both a 1936 Leica IIIa and a 1933 Rolleiflex 6RF 620. To try and keep things as realistic as possible, I traditionally develop and print all photos by hand and use as accurate as possible films and papers.

If you're interested in what I'm up to, checkout my page here :D https://www.facebook.com/PHOTO3945

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 20:48 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

just getting a website up and running , work in progress http://battle4europe.wix.com/monique-bass-photos
also a flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/battle4europe/

56th Independant Infantry
2nd Battalion Essex Regiment

Best display 2008 Royal Gunpowder mills
Best group 2010 ww2 reenactors magazine
Best display 2010 ww2 reenactors magazine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 22:52 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Grossdeutschland Inland North West USA

December 2013 OKW Washington USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:06 am 
 WWW  Profile

Hi guys

I work full time for the MOD, and I have my own business as a event photographer. I have been a photographer for around thirty five years now, and totally enjoy it. I got into re-enacting through photography, and have enjoyed meeting some great people along the way.

I cover a lot of events around the Kent area, and my favourite is Military Odd, at Detling show ground which is know more than twenty minutes from me, I also cover Salute to the 40's, at Chatham Docks, and also Home on the front 1939-1945 at Rufford, and Fort in the forties at Gravesend, so just a few I cover...

I am totally self taught, never bothered with school or collage hands on me all the way. I run a very successful photography business, and would never change this. I have been selected to be the official photographer for " Support British Soldiers" charity calendar 2016, and this work will be starting in 2015. So I look forward to meeting you guys on the field, and capturing images of you in action. Stop and say hi to me, I am very pleasant to meet and plus you can get your images from me for free...lol. See you all soon.....James.

Here us a link to my website.http://www.jamesmckenziephotography.zenfolio.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 514th Q.M. Truck regiment ( Red Ball Express )
I have been so busy this year and have not posted any of the events i have done so
far this year so here is my flickr site , just go though the sets that interest you .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122710573@N07/sets/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 13:48 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Voorwaarts MARS
My stuff Living History photos go straight on:

www.history.nl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next