WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 0:26 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Compare collections!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 0:31 am 

LeMaitre wrote:
It just sort of went defcon 1 without going through the normal stages?
Even Saddletramp and I go through some preamble/foreplay before we get stuck in.

LOL Yeah I only do foreplay with my girlfriend, With people that troll around on facebook or Call me a Walt when I have never done that bollocks ever (yeah cos my uniforms are all ranked up as fieldmarshall and covered in VCs and Bling :roll: ).
Really grinds my gears when people assume something and haven't got the consideration to ask what they're looking at, I mean save the pic, study the properties, you'll see it was back in last month when the jacket had just arrived via courier, I had just steam pressed it an hung it up to dry, moth balled it.
Maybe its because i've only got PTSD and severe depression I don't get any respect around here. :wink:
Matty

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:27 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: Vickers MG Collection & Research Association
Somebody is tired!

Seems Matt you have a bit of chip on your shoulder when constructive criticism and historical fact are discussed. If you had explained that the insignia wasn't original to it when bought from the museum you claim it to be from. Then maybe there was no need for my post but you need to remember once you post a picture on here be prepared for replies and constructive and non-criticism. And sometime it’s not what you want to hear but doesn't mean you have to sh@tty childish attitude about it. Take it on board but use it how you want to use it. I must say you have the officer spitting his dummy out impression down to a tee. Reminds me of few real RTR officers I’ve served with and there attitude’s.

I don’t claim to know it all because if I did I wouldn't be on here or putting the time and effort to get look right in what I portray. I like to think I have some knowledge of my own Regiment and Corps dress and traditions and customs which I’m always finding new things about it from others and taking it on board and always willing to help people on here in the past with RAC/RTR subject and help with what knowledge I have. Which has helped them and have been grateful and have either put them on the right track or they have acted in their own way and not with a sh@tty problem with it. Which you seems to be the first person I know with issue with it and not one to learn or take any advice from anyone were its shown in historical media either in text of photo form and just want to ignore the fact that you’re right all the time. Which no one is and if everyone on here had your attitude then what’s the point in having this forum???

I’m sure if I posted a picture of a BD done up as RAF regiment I’m sure you would comment on if something was wrong on it. And I would expect it as i only know a little on the subject and I’m sure you would be able tell me a thing or two. And I wouldn't take it a ‘sucking egg’s’ as you put it which is very Pot Kettle Black as you in the past have done the same which people have commented on so no need to go down that route when you have done it yourself.

You don’t have to take my comments on board at the end of the day it’s up to you what you badge it ups as and how. But when the historical evidence is there to back it up then Questions maybe asked and open to discussion and you need to be prepared for that when opening yourself up when posting something like this up . If you want to live in your own fantasy world then carry on. Yes I could have PM’d you but what if someone wanted to do a RTR officers impression and just went on peoples attempts without putting the time and effort in finding stuff out. There just take one look at that BD and copy it when in reality Officers didn’t wear Other Ranks insignia. Yeah fair play I could have PM’d you but I chose to post my comment on the forum its self. Maybe next il PM you but I haven’t got time really for someone with a attitude problem

Maybe adding to the BD a dummy on a chain would be a nice added touch? :wink:

Collecting anything related to the HBMGC/Tank corps, RTC and RTR 1916 to 1945

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 am 
3000+ Poster

pebblemonkey73 wrote:
LeMaitre wrote:
Even Saddletramp and I go through some preamble/foreplay before we get stuck in.

LOL Yeah I only do foreplay with my girlfriend,
Matty

EDIT: Not an acceptable post, please refrain from personal attacks.

Wullie

Korean War reenactment forum: http://www.theforgottenwar.proboards61.com/index.cgi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am 

TALLERTHANBETTY wrote:
pebblemonkey73 wrote:
LeMaitre wrote:

Matty

Wullie

Well Jon that's a low blow, I dumped my ex -wife cos she was a cheating lying whore that was violent towards me and I was an abusive marriage ( I had councilling for it and reported my ex wife). People avoided me because of her nastiness and she has gone off with the Nazi's.
Yes I happily moved on with my life with someone else that was much better. No she ain't inflatable.
I don't do this hobby for an ego boost i've never needed to do that, I'm perfectly happy with my real life doing my home-care jobs and running my militaria business. I never needed to walt even when I was in the TA, I wear uniforms ranked appropiate to my age and experience (after all I've been this hobby twenty years and have been running my own group for nine years) , I don't pounce about dripping with medals.

Matthew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm 

trunks wrote:
Somebody is tired!

Yes I am tired comes from fighting and battling seven or eight years of severe depression from being bullied.
I don't want advice or help I will muddle through this alone.
I do accept criticsms and I've always done something about it. My collection is constantly growing , improving and evolving, My other RTR uniform which I wore some years ago is now re-badged as 3rd Welsh Guards for example.
I don't live in a fantasy land as I can't afford the rent.

At the end of the day I'm depressed and I don't want anyone's help, support or fuss. I Just want to deal with it on my own.
So instead of writing war and peace , next time ask me why things are like that before jumping to conclusions.
Common curtiosy and then you won't get my wrath or bad attitude in future.
But then again Don't bother . :?

Matty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 13:27 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Vickers MG Collection & Research Association
matt,

Poor you, and how very sad and your past has made you into this type of person. I can relate with you about deperession and what you say is PTSD because im going through it and its a Sh@tter But mines work related. But having the balls to ask for help is having a better affect and positive outcome the more you leave the worse you will get and your start losing friends and people will think bad of you which your doing a good job of it. And your rant towards me painted a really good picture of the person you are. If you say what your saying is true then i would recommend seeking help before you become a even bigger T@sser then you are now.

If you want to call me a Walt go a head. let me know what event your next at and il rock up dripping of medals but your find i didn't buy mine i earned mine the hard way and have the wounds to prove it. My Service career has lasted more then 48 hrs after hearing a little story that you didn't even pass the TA induction weekend but had the cheek to buy a Veterans Badge. If that's not being a Walt then what is it?!

Collecting anything related to the HBMGC/Tank corps, RTC and RTR 1916 to 1945

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 15:11 pm 

Pete,
I've not got a veterans badge, the only one I bought was for my dad as I applied for his National service medal for him,
I've never called you a walt.
I certainly am not lying to you about stuff.
I've no idea who is lying about me and making s**t up and I would like to know exactly where you heard this bullshit from.
I didn't fail my induction , I did all my basic training but had to drop out because of shinsplints and I wasn't getting the support of my family.

Matt

Last edited by pebblemonkey73 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 17:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 16:51 pm 

Pete,
I Would like their name or just their initials as I'm not taking any more bullshit or s**t stirring or plain bare faced lies off them, I've forgiven them too many times previously and given them lots of chances, I will pursue the matter through my solicitor from now on. I have an Inkling whom it is.
Matty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 18:58 pm 
3000+ Poster

pebblemonkey73 wrote:
TALLERTHANBETTY wrote:
pebblemonkey73 wrote:
LeMaitre wrote:

Matty

Wullie

Well Jon that's a low blow, I dumped my ex -wife cos she was a cheating lying whore that was violent towards me and I was an abusive marriage ( I had councilling for it and reported my ex wife). People avoided me because of her nastiness and she has gone off with the Nazi's.
Yes I happily moved on with my life with someone else that was much better. No she ain't inflatable.
I don't do this hobby for an ego boost i've never needed to do that, I'm perfectly happy with my real life doing my home-care jobs and running my militaria business. I never needed to walt even when I was in the TA, I wear uniforms ranked appropiate to my age and experience (after all I've been this hobby twenty years and have been running my own group for nine years) , I don't pounce about dripping with medals.

Matthew

With all due respect Mathew, you started the low blows when you threw your teddy at a serving soldier simply for being right. You had the option of being polite to him, even if you didn't particularly want to hear what he had to say or consider it relevant, you chose to go for the throat, so I feel justified in doing the same on the assumption that was the way you wanted to play it. If you have mental health issues that effect your behaviour then I apologise, but lots of people do, and whilst managing them effectively can be an up hill struggle, it is a necessary one. If you are unable to control your behaviour effectively then my advice would be to seek the support and assistance that you try and do without. Not that the N.H.S. takes is particularly seriously, but some help is better than none at all.

Now if you want to draw a line under this, fine, if you want to carry on, also fine, your choice.

Korean War reenactment forum: http://www.theforgottenwar.proboards61.com/index.cgi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:30 pm 

Cheers Jon,
We're meant to be part of the same Living history Association, I don't go out picking fights with people ex or serving or just plain Reenactors /living historians etc.
I was attending councilling over in Lincolnshire for both Grief and cognetive behaviour /depression .
As i told my councillor I can't remember when I wasn't like this or can remember being actually happy.
But because of that relationship ending i'm back on a waiting list in Staffordshire. I do have my paperwork to help with my low mood /depression, and I take my citalipram regulary.
I do my hobbies to keep me mentally active , motivated and stop me withdrawing .

I'd be more than happy to draw a line under this and put it down to experience and say it won't happen again.

Matty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:28 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: ACES, CONTRAILS AND UNSUNG HEROS.
pebblemonkey73 wrote:

At the end of the day I'm depressed and I don't want anyone's help, support or fuss. I Just want to deal with it on my own.

Matty

As a severe depressive myself (Unknown to most of my mates) may I say you shouldn't deal with this on your own and may I suggest the first step is your Dr's.

Break this cycle and ask for help.

MIKE.

Right waist gun "THE SPIRIT OF VALLEY FORGE"

Right waist gun "GHOST CREW"

www.usaaf.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:39 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Why does he have to wreck the Doctors bike?
I dont think this will induce the MD to help him at all....

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:48 pm 

FLAK 88 wrote:
pebblemonkey73 wrote:

Matty

As a severe depressive myself (Unknown to most of my mates) may I say you shouldn't deal with this on your own and may I suggest the first step is your Dr's.

Break this cycle and ask for help.

MIKE.

Hi Mike ,
sorry to hear that , Problem for me is that I did follow my original doctors instructions when I first split up with my ex-wife ( i told everyone I knew that I was on the tablets) , The ex wife and her family went around telling everyone I was mental. :roll:

The worst thing for me are the anxiety attacks which cause massive muscle spasms, I had bad one last November just after my birthday which left me in agony and frozen to the spot.

Its knowing who to trust , I'm appalled that someone I trusted has now stabbed me in the back an lied about things.
I am on the waiting list for help, could take three months though to see someone.

Matty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:55 pm 
1000+ Poster

First rules of life engagements.

If it isn't family, if it isn't a chosen loved one like a wife, if it isn't your own children then it doesn't matter or should even concern you?

In short ignore anything that upsets and annoys you if not from the above list.

Look after No1.

MIKE.

www.usaaf.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 21:02 pm 
1000+ Poster

Back on topic.

I will post photos of my U.S.A.A.F. kit when I have the time.

All original items with a rare size 50 A-4 flight suit, and the inners and outers to a very nice pair of A-11a gloves :-)

Three sets of H-B7 headphones with no wear marks or dirt of any sort plus throat mikes and push to talk switches.

Did I mention a full Flak vest with groin protector in what maybe an Un-issued condition?

A "Class A Jacket" in a rare size 48 and usable condition.

MIKE.

www.usaaf.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 21:09 pm 

Yes Mike I know that now, I started on the tablets about four days after we split up as my world had literally fallen apart.
We all make mistakes in life , trusting the wrong'uns is my flaw.
Best advice i ever got is to treat them like they've died, and thats how i dealt with things , They're literally dead to me, dead can't chat or text , dead can't be friends. LOL

Matty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next