WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 16:50 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: QAIMNS Group?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 19:48 pm 

OK, so I've put off joining any groups for ever due to my inherent dislike of the internal politics and squabbles they always seem to engender. However, that aside I have some really nice gear. I've displayed my uniform collection at a few small events, but on your own it's pretty grueling and a bit sad! My other problem with joining a group is that I live in the depths of East Anglia which is miles from anywhere and anything! So, my question is are there any friendly QAIMNS groups out there who are not hundreds of miles away from the east of England? I have a number of uniforms, TANS SD (post 1944 therefore khaki), pre-1944 (grey) QAIMNS SD, battledress and WW1 QAIMNSR ward dress.
I also have ATS and WAAF gear (all original) as well if there is anyone looking for additional group members.
One thing to point out, I do not have particularly good health and which can limit my participation if not my enthusiasm.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: QAIMNS Group?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:37 am 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
There's a great one in the Netherlands. The only ones I've seen doing it properly! I think they're on here and will probably spot this. They do come to England.

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 18:44 pm 

Group: Hampshires, O/C AMS LHG
Drop me an email amslhg@live.co.uk

The Hampshire Regiment

Major J Elson
RAMC
O/C
Army Medical Services Living History Group

Gunnery Sergeant J Elson
3rd Battalion
1st Marines

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 15:38 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD
Miss Spitfire wrote:
There's a great one in the Netherlands. The only ones I've seen doing it properly! I think they're on here and will probably spot this. They do come to England.

Do I know them?

Thanks Kate!

Must be us, Georgie - have a look at our blog or FB page (http://www.thebritishnurses.wordpress.com or http://www.facebook.com/thebritishnurses).
We, at least I, will try to do more shows in the UK. Will definitely be at WAP, not sure about any others yet.

Pauline