WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 19:30 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 am 

Hello,

I'm a new member to this forum, and my name is Gretel. I collect WWII German female items, and I also have been reenacting WWII state side since 1999. As of 2001, I reenact German civilian and DRK Helferin. I was impressed by this forum, and decided to join. Looking forward to being part of it.

I am typing this message, because I was curious if the unit FRAU was still active ? I was very impressed by their unit, their website, and forum. I wish the US had a German female unit that represented many female German roles during WWII. I tried e-mailing them by using their e-mail address on their website, but haven't heard from them, and I noticed forum has been quiet lately. I noticed that their members have stated they have members who do Kriegsmarine Helferinnen, and also have made their own Kriegsmarine Helferin uniforms. I have studied the Kriegsmarine Helferin role in the Kriegsmarine for many years, and also own an original uniform. As well as an original brooch. I'd love to be able to reproduce the uniform, and thought someone on here, or FRAU might be helpful on how to do so. My mother who reproduced a DRK Helferin uniform for me in 2002, currently is unable to sew due to a busy now (She is a caregiver to 3 elderly grandparents). Currently, I was lucky to have GD43 reproduce a Kriegsmarine Helferin cap. The U-Boat Society recommended to me the business Replicators. I e-mailed them, and he was excited to reproduce a KM Helferin uniform for me, but then suddenly stopped replying to my e-mails. I've sent e-mails of concern, but gotten no response. I remember Dink of FRAU mentioned on the FRAU forum that Chris aka the moniker dog green 1, Della Rebours, Michelle and businesses who reproduce Helferinnen uniforms. Does anyone know if they still make uniforms, or anyone else who makes Helferin uniforms. Thanks - Gretel

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 18:40 pm 

Hi yeah, we are still going strong. Will have to check email as perhaps its ended up spam will pm you my number, also we are active more on Facebook xxx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 am 

Great to hear you're still going strong, and thanks for inviting me to your Facebook group.