WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 13:16 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 23:22 pm 

Hello everyone :)

I hope someone will be able to give me some advice/point me in the right direction...

I'm new (very new) to re-enacting, but I've been to a couple of events as a promenader (in civilian clothes), and it seemed a great atmosphere and good fun, and I really want to get into it properly.

I'd like to re-enact as a WAAF officer (in honour of my Grandad who was an officer in the RAF) but I'm finding it tricky to get the uniform... most of the stuff I seem to see is for Other Ranks - particularly in the way of great coats.

I've been given the name of a lady who will very kindly make the tunic/skirt, which is good, and someone gave me an officer's hat for my birthday :D
I've got a pair of shoes, too, and I'm waiting for some mole coloured lisle stockings to arrive from Funn hosiery... what else? I think that's all I've got hold of so far except from underwear from WKD, but that's not really uniform... :p

So what I'd really like to get my hands on in the immediate future is a couple of shirts and a couple of ties for a WAAF officer.
I wear shirts in sizes 14 (sometimes 12, depending on the cut of the shirt). And my collar size is 35cm (I think that's about size 14-14.5)

And if anyone knows where I could get a greatcoat, I'd be very grateful!

So does anyone know where I can get these things, or does anyone have any they would be willing to sell me?
I'm perfectly happy with repro if it's good quality, or - obviously - the real deal, as long as it's still in good condition!

Thank you so much :)

Eleanor

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username