WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 13:21 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 16:27 pm 

WAAFs needed at the Redoubt Fortress in Eastbourne.
There is the strong possibility that we will have a replica WW2 barrage balloon our event BLACKOUT & BUNTING floating above the parade ground, it is in production as I type!
We are looking for a ground crew to 'man' the balloon and perhaps create a scenario.
If you are interested please contact me to discuss.

More details about our event...

RE-ENACTORS NEEDED..... for 2nd & 3rd June

Blackout & Bunting - Relive the Forties at the Redoubt Fortress
Saturday 2nd & 3rd June 2012, 10am till 4pm

After the success of 'A Stitch in Time Saves Lives' in June last year and at the request of all the re-enactors and visitors who attended we have decided to hold a two day event for 2012, which coincides with the Queens Jubilee weekend. On the Saturday day will be living history displays, workshops and scenarios and in the evening there will be a dance. To celebrate the Jubilee we plan to hold a 40s street party in the parade on the Sunday afternoon.

We are looking for re-enactors to attend for the whole weekend or either of the days. Accommodation is available in the fortress for re-enactors on the Friday and Saturday evenings.

In the words of Utility Jude
"Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Eastbourne. A super day from start to finish… The setting and scenery was beautiful. Right on the seafront and a magnificent fortress… A truly sociable re-enactor experience, every one mucking in with their little bit to make a great combined display... I would recommend it to all."

A few reasons why you should choose to join us at the Redoubt Fortress in Eastbourne for BLACKOUT & BUNTING;

Why come to our event?

- the event is set in the parade ground of a grade 1 listed Napoleonic Redoubt fortress, (barracks for Canadian soldiers during the second world war).
- We have an extensive Military Museum housed inside the casemates which you will have the opportunity to visit.
- We will be offering a contribution towards petrol for re-enactors, a free lunch and as much tea as you can drink!
- We are offering over night accommodation in one of our casemates for re-enactors who want to stay for the weekend.
- We are a small team passionate about portraying the past and raising the profile of our museum. We work incredibly hard to create events with integrity and value for all involved.

If you are able and choose to join us at our event we will encourage, support and work with you directly to not only bring our vision to fruition but yours too!

Please email Karen at stitchforvictory@hotmail.co.uk to discuss event and express your interest

WVS, WAAF and civilian

WVS, WAAF and civilian

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 0:07 am 

Group: North Staffordshire Regiment LHA
Nooooo, I won't be to the UK until two weeks later. I'd love to do this. The curse of living across an ociean :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 22:12 pm 

Group: AFMC
http://www.bbrclub.org/Site%20Directory.htm

Why not get in touch with some people who operated the balloons for real? Please see the web site above.

AFMC’s Motto: VIVAMVS AD MEMORIAM “We live as a Memorial".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:40 pm 

AT henny wrote:
Nooooo, I won't be to the UK until two weeks later. I'd love to do this. The curse of living across an ociean :(

Such a shame we would love to have you join us... maybe next time! I'm hoping some WAAF's will come forward soon.

WVS, WAAF and civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:44 pm 

WingCo511 wrote:
http://www.bbrclub.org/Site%20Directory.htm

Why not get in touch with some people who operated the balloons for real? Please see the web site above.

Great idea! I've spoken to Peter from the BBRclub on other occasions, it was him who put me in touch with the company who is making the balloon.

WVS, WAAF and civilian