WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 0:06 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 19:27 pm 
1000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

mmmmm abit dubious about some of the colour and fabric selections too. possibly nice for a vintage style twist for every day wear, however possibly not for faithful reproducton of period garments. x

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 19:35 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
Definately not, can still wear it for work which is ok. Jacket looks good with jeans.

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am 
 WWW  Profile

I have used her on and off for around 8 years. I have got 2 or 3 40's style suits made out of a wool-like fabric but the quality is awful and it bobbles where your handbag or seatbelt rubs...just in a day. So I have some strange fuzzy patches at the front of one. As it is synthetic fabric you cannot do anything about pulls or catches and they like the suits in stretch cotton polyester which is soft but quite thick. This can bulk out the skirt a bit.

I have had some good polyester satin things made, including my honeymoon outfit, but when it comes down to it I would rather spend £70 on a vintage suit I think, but Top Runway are good when you are afraid of getting your vintage things damaged.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
Hence why I went to her, I have a Utility suit and I dont want to keep wearing it as it's starting to get shabby. She used it as a template, but god it's dire. I've worn the jacket a few times, but only for work.
My friend had a dress made, the cut was lovely but the fabric again is god awful.
We live and learn. I'll crry on making my own and buying vintage.
K

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]