WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:02 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New TV Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:04 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
I've seen the 2nd episode now too.

There are a few things which make me go grrrrrrrr on the inside but I am putting those to one side and enjoying the story.

I think us reenactors can cut off our noses to spite our faces sometimes.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
Andrei Kozlov wrote:

I think us reenactors can cut off our noses to spite our faces sometimes.

Heartily agree!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:49 am 
1000+ Poster

Correspondent wrote:
.... you really think it would have stopped at the Jews ..??? .. that was just the start ... unless you were the archetypal Aryan you were undesirable ... why would it not happen in England as it did elsewhere ..., the truth is of course we will never know because we were never invaded .. however there are two undeniable facts .. it did happen in other occupied countries, and it is written in black and white in 'The Military Administration of England' document that still exists, (albeit in the depths of the Govt vaults or wherever) that similar plans were in place for England.

Again. Please READ what I wrote. You mentioned Jews, not me.
Try and not "troll-up" my thread please. There's a good chap ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:20 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Who the he** is trolling ... you mentioned 'undesireables' ... what were the Jews in Nazi eyes if not undesireable ... you intimated it didn't happen to children in France, I countered is all.. you need to read not only what you wrote, but try and understand too what others write in reply .. 'old chap' ..

Its coming to something when and where we now apparently cant innocently answer or reply to a comment without being accused of trolling ... jeez, no wonder people cant be bothered to comment here anymore.

You want trolling .. I'll give you it ..

You seem very defensive of this regime, are you also in denial of it all ... your comments could be construed that you might be .. ??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm 
4000+ Poster

Actually, it was me that used the term "undesirables" first. I particularly used this term and not "Jews" because Jews were only one part of the Nazi list of people to be enslaved and murdered. I'm sure I don't need to write out the list of other people also slated for murder to anyone on this forum.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Exactly Andrei ... as I simply tried to point out, there is no reason at all to think it wouldn't have happened here the way it did elsewhere ...... perhaps I was wrong in stating one ethnic peoples ... it served to illustrate a point is all ... anyway I apologise if I have 'offended' anyone, I don't do trolling, just have my opinion and viewpoint ..... the same as everyone else does .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 pm 
1000+ Poster

Neily Baby wrote:
"... All children over ten were to be liable to be put to death ... all men between 17 and 45 to be transported to eastern Europe .. "

They didn't do this to France, nor would they, especially of Britain. As a heavily industrialised country, I doubt this is in any way true of any except those labelled "undesirables"

Just to remind you, THIS is what I wrote in response to your unrelated post. It still remains true. You countered with "Jews in France". I'm pretty sure they fall under this category don't you?

You STATED "All children over ten were to be liable to be put to death ... all men between 17 and 45 to be transported to eastern Europe"

You STATED "as I simply tried to point out, there is no reason at all to think it wouldn't have happened here the way it did elsewhere"

That DIDNT happen elsewhere did it? SOME were, yes, but not ALL!

This thread is about a TV show I think isn't particularly made well. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 13:06 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

ELSEWHERE is SOMEWHERE ... not EVERYWHERE ... I never said everywhere, I said elsewhere, ie; somewhere else .. !

.... yes the thread is about a TV show .... a TV show about what Britain may have been like had it been invaded, I posted a point about proof of German plans for its rule of England, plans similar to those it used in other occupied countries, and if you cant see there is a (albeit tenuous) link there then perhaps it is not me missing the point .. you are the one who has blown it out of proportion Neil, not me .... !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 13:15 pm 
1000+ Poster

You haven't got it. There wasn't ANY country occupied by the Third Reich where ALL children were killed and ALL males between 17 & 45 deported. I used France as a model. It didnt happen there, so it wouldnt happen here. Again, you cant let this lie and get the thread back on track. Whats that called again? I forgets....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 13:22 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

... we could maybe get it back on track if you would just let me post without picking holes in it ...
..... all .... everywhere .. somewhere .. elsewhere .. just some of the inane points you have made that that in reality have no real bearing on practically any of it ... again as I say ... defensive .. and yes, you appear to be in denial of what they did to ...
.... Have it whatever way you want Neil ... personally I think you have made your stance very plain ... so I'm done with it ... !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 13:29 pm 
1000+ Poster

Before we get this back on track and to help another chap out, if Britain were occupied, SOME children may have been killed for acts of sedition, SOME 17-45 year olds may have been rounded up and sent to work abroad, ALL people thought "undesirable" WOULD have been removed to camps, just like it happened in EVERY country occupied by the Third Reich. This is undeniable FACT and well documented. (Edited: Don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with this statement as its not relevant to the thread. Feel free however to argue with me via PM)

The Archer character has a face like a smacked arse and should pronounce his words and bloody speak up a bit. Discuss....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 15:50 pm 
4000+ Poster

Neily Baby wrote:
The Archer character has a face like a smacked arse and should pronounce his words and bloody speak up a bit. Discuss....

They seemed to have fiddled with the audio track on episode two after the barrage of complaints about the first one.

The only arse I saw in the second episode was the one belonging to the Amerikanski journalist :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 15:58 pm 
1000+ Poster

Andrei Kozlov wrote:
Neily Baby wrote:

They seemed to have fiddled with the audio track on episode two after the barrage of complaints about the first one.

The only arse I saw in the second episode was the one belonging to the Amerikanski journalist :D

Whey-Hey! something positive! Glad they sorted the sound out. To be fair, I maybe should have stuck with it for a couple of episodes. I always do, then bomb out if it really isn't working for me. I think its because the book means so much to me. I was the same with "Centurion" and one or two others that "doffed their cap" at Rosemary Sutcliffes "Eagle of the Ninth". I did however love "Eagle" :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:04 pm 
1000+ Poster

Slightly off topic, but Film & TV related, is me and some of the lads are back in action again next week...

http://movieweb.com/origin-unknown-movie-cast-katee-sackhoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:39 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Neily Baby wrote:
Slightly off topic, but Film & TV related, is me and some of the lads are back in action again next week...

http://movieweb.com/origin-unknown-movie-cast-katee-sackhoff

OH ... 'film and TV related ' ... and like that's relevant on a WWII forum ... talk about double standards .. :roll: :roll:

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am 
Forum Legend
 YIM  Profile

well next week is the last one then we can stop watching it ...

Id sooner be 20 minutes late in this world than 20 years to soon in the next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next