WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:22 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Let down by Warhorse
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am 

:( Last week, I spoke to Warhorse reproductions. I asked them if the had a WAAF officers cap, and made sure they had it in the correct size. The female called out to a male, and they had the size. I gave them my credit card details and stated that I needed it before today (Thursday). I was assured that it would be posted by Monday this week at the latest.
I have rang today to ask where it is as i haven't received it. I was told that they have no record of my order!!! I was then asked if I still wanted it. NO I DO NOT! Hopefully that is clear enough to a very rude man who put the phone down on me.
Very poor service, inefficent staff, poor customer relations. Think very slowly before you order from this company. You have been warned.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: Let down by Warhorse
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 pm 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
No surprise, had problems with them before, seems they haven't changed sadly.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poland '39 LHG; Odwach Polish army of 1939-1945
biggles and worrals wrote:
Very poor service, inefficent staff, poor customer relations. Think very slowly before you order from this company. You have been warned.

No defence I know but, when I was using them for Napoleonic kit a few years ago, the staff consisted of two - a husband and wife who used to make most of their kit between them! I think they used to have someone else who would sew a lot of the uniforms too, but they weren't full-time.

However, they always were not very good for actually supplying what they advertise.

Poland - first to fight!

Member of Poland '39 LHG & Odwach - 1939 Polish army

https://www.facebook.com/Poland1939
http://www.odwach.pl/

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 15:41 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
I love the line on their website 'do not ring or email chasing your order. This will only make it slower'

Um.....bye bye!

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:58 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: QRRLHG, SRLHS, Independant.
They were at War and Peace show one year, looked at there small range of what seemed like fancy dress quality items, saw their BD, was just WPG stuff I believe, and no size less than 40! (34/36 for me!)

Queen's Royal Regiment Living History Group
Suffolk Regiment Living History Society

Independent

BLOODY JERRY!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 18:39 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: Oh, God, pretty much everyone it seems
I think there are more accounts of replicators being reliable than warhorse

NATIVE: Those are the sacred pyramids where my ancestors are buried.
BRITISH OFFICER: Cool. There any kinda zombie curse or anything we should know about? I mean, I want to pillage'em, but I don't want to cause no problems.
NATIVE: Our people lie merely asleep in their graves, waiting to shriek forth and bring agonising death to any who would dare disturb their peace.
BRITISH OFFICER: Be serious.
NATIVE: ...in truth the curse is probably apocryphal.
BRITISH OFFICER: Wicked. Carter, bust out the Gatling guns! I want to be revered as a God by teatime.

True story

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 20:16 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
:lol:

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 20:57 pm 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
Yeah the ultimate insult lol

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 am 

Group: tramps in armour
Quote:
saw their BD, was just WPG stuff I believe, and no size less than 40! (34/36 for me!)

ordered a Bd from them at a militaria event some yeras ago.

was measured and assured i could pick it up 4 weeks latter, so paid a hefty deposite.

6 month latter i had to pick it up at war & peace show.

was directed to a pile of BD's all plus 40 in size, thats all there was.

they fitted where they touched, and was not the 'made to measure' uniform i expected.

was not happy with them then and wont use there services again.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 18:13 pm 

Many years ago when Lee Prescott of Warhorse was only making American Civil War stuff ordered many clothing items. There was no tayloring skill in poor quality way it was made with shirts having 2 left sleeves. It took roughly 6 months in getting orders usually placed at end of season praying it arrives for next years shows.

What killed it with me waiting months for pair of Cavalry boots, worst was 14 months for Cavalry greatcoat that never turned up, when finally speaking with Lee, which was giving me same excuses asked for full refund, 4 weeks later speaking again he was mouthing off at me for no reason and took further week to recieve cheque in post. Clothing off him lasted 6 months if that constantly repairing due to poor quality across the board.

BEWARE of Warhorse and Lee Prescott, he's of old days of traders when you could not source gear any where else and last of Del Boy types.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: GI44-45
Thought you meant the film, which was eqaully sh*t!!

brought my battalion to the briefing prior to Normandy, I had the finest combat-ready force of its size that will ever be known. By the time I gathered them together in Normandy, half were gone. I charge you: put us down in Holland or put us down in hell, but put us all down
together in one place, or I will hound you to your graves."

Lt. Col. Mendez, Commanding Officer 3rd Bn 508th PIR 82nd Abn Div

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 am 

I note they’ve recently changed their website to reflect the fact “special orders” will no longer be undertaken, and only “stocked” items will be despatched any time soon. It still mostly consists of the same old “customers are a pain in my posterior” bitching though.

The item WE ordered was apparently in stock, and hanging in front of Lee as we spoke. Six weeks later and it still hadn’t been despatched, our calls went unanswered and our emails ignored. I cancelled by email and never did get an acknowledgement. We didn’t lose money because he said he’d call us prior to sending the item and to take payment, which he never did.

When we [in desperation] wrote and asked if we could travel to his home address to buy a different garment face to face, he couldn’t have been more pleasant and accommodating. That is until we tried confirming our arrival time with him, upon which he resorted to his usual “total cessation of communication” tactic.

What makes me laugh is the fact he has published the name of a van insurance company on his own website, suggesting that people should not use their services under any circumstances due to them being unhelpful, and not recommended! Do you think they took their time in settling his claim? :lol:

There is a vague hint that they may be attending the “Somewhere in England” 40s weekend at Bassingbourn this weekend, so if that is the case it’ll be interesting to see the quality of their gear first hand.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 21:35 pm 
 WWW  Profile

:shock: cool, saves me asking the question..are they reliable as i am looking for us 8th aaf chocolate jacket..think i will be avoiding this company like i avoid playing strollers at 40's events

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 18:53 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: QRRLHG, SRLHS, Independant.
I think each of us should go the their stall at War and Peace (if they have one this year haha)
look at the items, show an interest in it, then turn our noses up at the item and say "Bugger that..." and walk off.

Queen's Royal Regiment Living History Group
Suffolk Regiment Living History Society

Independent

BLOODY JERRY!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 14:58 pm 

Group: east london dodgy squaddies
It does make you wonder how thier still trading.