WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Recent customer service
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 16:40 pm 

Is it just me being extremely unlucky or has anyone noticed the customer service from militaria traders has been absolutely appalling recently?

I've ordered 4 times from a company in the UK and each time the order has either been short, incorrectly sized or defective and on all occasions late (despite being on an upgraded next day service).
From a company in Belgium I've received two garrison caps (a 55cm and a 56cm) and they are completely different materials and their size difference is massive! The 55cm is even too small for my friends 4 year old child! On a recent order I only received post of a stove I ordered, that rooks weeks to resolve . I've contacted the Belgian company many times but had no reply from either his email, FB store or his personal Facebook profile!

So, which companies are reputable?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
There's a lot of it around.

Largely due to the nature of the reproduction stuff they are all knocking out. The quality is hit and miss and seemingly the guys retailing it don't care to inspect the items hoping that you won't notice either.

Probably worth looking for some higher quality suppliers than the two I think that you are talking about ;-)

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 21:39 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
When the determinant is the bottom line price then service is one of the first casualties.
Once, when it was about accuracy and honouring the memories, you got service and back up.
Now its about dressing up and beer and camping in cheap chinese kit. The cheaper the better.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 16:16 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Helmet Refurbishment, Replication or Fakery!
I like to think that www.warhats.com is still all about accuracy! Sometimes we change things but this is usually to reduce fraud. We get a lot of customers who demand accuracy!

Now Available - WW2 Whistles: http://www.warwhistles.com/
WANTED - M1 Inland helmet Liners any condition- Good Prices Paid!