WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:08 am 
 WWW  Profile

The last year of Kirby Hall the group I am a member of were doing a WW1 trench scenario, we got absolutely filthy, muddy boots the lot, after the Saturday march past for the crowds we got drenched, one of the guys in the group, ran off after the march past and spent the whole night bulling his boots, polishing his brass, scrapping the mud of his uniform, and turned up the next morning looking like he was ready for the parade ground, while the rest of the group where wearing their uniforms with the lived in look. As soon as he turned up for the morning parade someone mentioned the term “Chocolate Soldier” to him and he got the hump big time, and as soon as a camera crew turned up, I have never seen anyone run so fast in all my life, not even down the Lozells Road in Handsworth at night. We ended up calling him Private Liability (as he was. no joke), my view regarding uniforms is this, My WW1 uniform gets cleaned once a year if that, the brass is only polished so special occasions, my under shirt is cleaned after every event, I leave my webbing, as is, unblancoed (until I get some) then my plan is once yearly, with regards my WW2 uniforms well twice a year for my RAF dress uniform, and my 1st Independent Polish Para, well I am still getting that together, but walking out dress, is everything cleaned and shiny and blancoed, still got to get the combat side of it sorted, as most of my webbing is in an unissued state I doubt if I will be blancoing that.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username