WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 16:29 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: OD paint
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
For a wartime vehicle, which is the best paint, and who supplies it?

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: OD paint
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:15 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Watch out for some types of paint from some of the suppliers as they can take a fair few days to fully dry. I bought some and it was still soft a week later so when you handled it left finger prints and marked easily.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 13:02 pm 

You could check with this guy, James Jacques

jimjacques74@googlemail.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 18:29 pm 
1000+ Poster

Doesn't matter. Anything from B&Q will do. In fact any vehicle will do.
Take a leaf out of the Military Vehicle types who rock up in a 100% correct MVs wearing shorts and a t-shirt, roll their eyes and say "It's not about the clothes"
Just get all your kit 100% correct and rock up in a Fiesta with ARMY chalked on the side, roll your eyes and say "It's not about the motor"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 19:17 pm 

Yeh but your talking about the fantasy guys, not the real guys :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 22:34 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

BedsnHerts wrote:
Doesn't matter. Anything from B&Q will do. In fact any vehicle will do.
Take a leaf out of the Military Vehicle types who rock up in a 100% correct MVs wearing shorts and a t-shirt, roll their eyes and say "It's not about the clothes"
Just get all your kit 100% correct and rock up in a Fiesta with ARMY chalked on the side, roll your eyes and say "It's not about the motor"

I really pi555es me off when people come up with statements like this try driving a MV for any distance and I
do not mean 10 or 15 miles down the road in full military gear and you will be in shorts and T shirts most get
into the spirit of the event but be honest the members of the public come to see the dioramas of dug in troops
etccc and to look at the vehicles which most event organisers place a no driving ban during the day so what do
you want them to do kit up and sit behind the wheel for 8 hours if asked I let groups use my vehicle as a back
drop in fact on year at the Victory Show one of our members even landed his WW2 U.S. spotter plane and they
fetched it into the display area and set up around it and I have even lent the 25 pounder as well at events
C

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:08 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Any old green will do.
Whats that you say? Wartime OD No.22/319 wasnt green?
But it says in the FS colour chart(color) OD green.

Yeah, I know, like I said wartime OD wasnt green

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."