WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 18:01 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 20:56 pm 

Group: Blyth Battery
I am hopefully going to join a Fallschirmjaeger group however I have a 46 inch waist and I am finding it hard to find the trousers in my size.
I have seen that the history bunker has some costume size ones but I don't know what the quality is like.
also I would like to know if there are any other places I could get the trousers in my size

thanks in advance.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:42 am 

Group: The Best.
http://www.panther-store.cz/en/catalog/ ... -1933-1945

They can do custom sizes

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 am 

Group: The Best.
Also Luftwaffe supplies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 15:43 pm 

Please don't take offense because none is intended. I'm rather 'comfortably built' myself actually and advancing in years, hence I now belong to a Volkssturm reenactment group.

Have you considered that an FJ impression may not be ideal for you? In the event that you are perhaps successful in sourcing a pair of Springhosen in a 46" waist, there will be further problems in obtaining and wearing additional equipment in the correct manner.

It's not for me to judge and I'm not, neither would I preach as to what folks should choose to do, it's your call and I absolutely defend your right to make your choice. I just wonder if you would enjoy your hobby more if you based your reenactor impression on something that was more in keeping with your personal appearance and physical ability, as this can open up our somewhat tunnel vision hobby and add to the diversity of history.

Please don't think I'm being rude or dismissive of your interests, I just thought it was worthy of debate.