WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 16:30 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Re: FJ kit newbie.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 pm 

Group: none yet
I have just take delivery of the Osprey book "German Airborne Troops 1939-1945" and am having a read to start off with.
Im going to look into spearhead sounds like a good company to deal with.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 13:06 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: The Frontline Association
Rooster1, are you with a group yet?

Regards,

Gary.

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 14:25 pm 

Group: none yet
Jaws wrote:
Rooster1, are you with a group yet?

Regards,

Gary.

Not yet,
Im not sure wheater i will or not, as i dont have my own transport yet and i also im not really keen on the idea of public shows, im not the best person for intreactng with members of the public, and also i know its a small chance but dont want to be seen by someone i know sitting in a fox hole dressed as a solider, not that theres anything wrong with it, just i dont like people knowing im this in to military history.
Atm im looking for FJ kit from a collectors point of view, but i would like to try some private battles in future, so i would like to join a group who do only private battles if they exist?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 13:37 pm 

Group: Great British Bigfoot Appreciation Society
That's a shame, the public shows are the best part of reenactment! I also don't think that any group will take you on just so you can take part in the private battles, most groups only let you take part after you've attended 3 public events. There's no shame in being seen by people you know if you are educating people in the public realm (beats sitting in a pub ******* away money!), if your friends are the types of people who are gonna make fun of you for having an interest then you should probably get some new friends!
Either way, get collecting! One of the best books you can get on the subject of FJ equipment is this one:
Soldat: Equipping the German Parachute Soldier in World War Two: Vol 8: Fallschirmjager

Have a look for it, there's a few second hand ones on Amazon at the moment, If you can get a copy of that book, then you'll be well on your way to getting your FJ impression together.

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:38 am 

johankreig wrote:
well i was told that spearhead was an american company, as for the 1.5%, this is what i was told by my uncle as he has been charged sometimes the cost of the item in import tax before he was able to get the items.

l believe that Barry [ who is the point of contact for Spearhead ] is infact based in Canada but the items are manufactured and shipped from China/Singapore.

Chris.