WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 14:40 pm 

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a replica crashed spitfire that exhibited at the War & Peace show in 2008 and also 2010? It has exhibited under DU-X and IW-M.

Iā€™m making a short film that needs to source a crashed Spitfire and any help in locating this Spit would be much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ross

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:30 am 

Hi,
I don't know the location of the Spitfire you are enquiring about but I do have one of my own (!). I built a 3/4 replica of a Mk11a to promote a Summer show at the Marine Theatre a couple of months ago.
I have recently posted it on Ebay to recoup some of the build cost so I'll point you there for full details and photos: item number: 280741059143
If you would like to see it 'on fire' go to YouTube and enter 'Shanty Spitfire'.
If you need any further details don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards, Nigel