WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 19:34 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 20:35 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

I have got it back from the shot blasters and while I wait for it to go into the paint shop I have been
sorting out the firing mechanism it is now firing off the primers ok no problem the next step is how do
I sort out what to put in black powder wise and what is the best way to load it not wanting to go down
the suck it and see method so any help tips of what to do or not to do would be very much appreciated
C

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 21:59 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Try and speak to the guys who have a live firing 25 pounder, they fire blanks in their gun. I do know someone who uses a kerosine diesel mix in a bag as well as a black pound charge in a T34 Russian tank wartime dated he has a section five for his toy. I think they use this in the film industry to give a fire ball effect.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:13 am 
1000+ Poster

The Garrison Artillery Group or others may be willing to advise on the construction of the blanks.

http://www.thegarrison.org.uk/

I don't know if normal Insurance will cover you for this at shows and I would imagine either you are the organisers will have to produce a full risk assessment including safety areas when firing.

Have you confirmed the date of manufacture now? 1944 if correct must have been one of the last produced.

A section 5 Licence would not be required for a T34/85 unless the machine guns are also live or the owner is a dealer.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 18:43 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
30thcammo wrote:
Try and speak to the guys who have a live firing 25 pounder, they fire blanks in their gun. I do know someone who uses a kerosine diesel mix in a bag as well as a black pound charge in a T34 Russian tank wartime dated he has a section five for his toy. I think they use this in the film industry to give a fire ball effect.

It's a paraffin mix not diesel, burns better and does not leave a residue.
The guy has section five.