WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:44 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 am 

Group: Independent
Hi
Flying Flea Rubber Suspension bands.( these have not been available to buy off the shelf from any Royal Enfiled dealer for a number of years)
Last year I was in discussion with a manufacturer to make the "Not Available" centre (long) suspension band for the Flying Flea . I now have had these made and have 50 of these available , these have been made to the exact spec as the original .
Hitchcock Motorcycles claim they are the same size as the small band and just need the width narrowing ...........they are not . The photo's I have attached is of both small and long suspension band , the long one is an original very kindly loaned to me for comparison , as you can see there is a difference , the difference is 18mm .
I have some pre orders from people wanting these who I'll contact via e mail .The cost to me to have these made was £475.00 inc vat which equates to £9.50 each , I'm selling these for what it cost me plus 1st class tracked postage .
If anyone is interested please pm me, or post here with the amount you want .
I have been told these will also fit the DKW .

Thanks

Dave

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 13:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD
Well done. Are you coming to the War and Peace show this summer? I could do with a couple of them.

Incidentely the parts list for 1946 give two seperate part numbers: 26443 for the short one and 26453 for the long and narrower one. Hittchcock state that you could us the short one, if made to fit. parts list: http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/pa ... Front_Fork

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 0:54 am 

Group: Independent
wdrob wrote:
Well done. Are you coming to the War and Peace show this summer? I could do with a couple of them.

Incidentely the parts list for 1946 give two seperate part numbers: 26443 for the short one and 26453 for the long and narrower one. Hittchcock state that you could us the short one, if made to fit. parts list: http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/pa ... Front_Fork

Hello Rob

I've sent you an e mail ref the band to your website , it would be easier contacting me through my e mail address as I come onto the forum only once a week .

Dave

NB Photo of the bands I've had made

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.