WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 21:10 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: steyr 1500A
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 13:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Can anyone pin down what model of steyr 1500a had the spare wheel on the outside. There were 2 models /01 and /02. (The /02 being the later version). On the www there are conflicting pictures and captions describing 02 as having the spare wheel(s) inside. I have looked on almost every website available and still have no clear answer - so has anyone got any authoritive books. I have 'The steyr in detail' but that's not very good.

Also what type of tow-hitch belongs to what model? There are what i would call male and female to hitches - the male hitch is like a common ball hitch where the tailer towing ring drops onto the tow hitch - the female is like a 'pin' hitch when the trailer towing ring is inserted into the tow hitch and held with a pin.

Which hitch applied to which model - or did different hitches go on lorry versions of the vehicle as opposed to the car.

For info, mine has a 'female' tow hitch and i think was the car version (ie no cab) but i cannot be certain - hence i'd like any opinions you have please.

kfz70 for those who like numbers

thanks

what's with the negative reputation man ....? - damn - just noticed i've gone positive - must annoy someone quick .....

Last edited by Rubber Dagger on Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 19:48 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD
Hi Warren,

is it possible that the 01 and 02 has anything to do with the actual manufacturer. In the illustrated spares list D665/12 for Lastkraftwagen 1 1/2t Steyr, Baumuster 1500A/02, one page shows the parts and the opposite page gives you the parts numbers etc, the foreword states;
Der Lkw wird von den Firmen Steyr-Daimler-Puch in Steyr und Auto Union Werke Siegmar gebaut. And the book continues to say that in the vehicle data plate 1 stands for Steyr-Daimler-Puch in Steyr and 2 stands for Auto Union Siegmar.
The fifth position of the actual chassisnumber (Fahrgestellnummer) is the same: 1 stands for Steyr-Daimler-Puch manufacture in Steyr and 2 stands for Auto Union Siegmar.

The spares list quoted on the 1500 A/02 does not show a spare wheel on the outside (only the left hand side is shown, however)

BR,

Rob (of Groucho fame)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 17:27 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: WARS
Hi Warren,
dont know if this site will help

http://www.zuckerfabrik24.de/steyrpuch/steyrv8_1.htm

Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

http://www.wars-online.moonfruit.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 21:33 pm 

jon has told you the best site for the steyrs. if you are wanting a kfz 70 body for the rear there is a man in chech republic making them for 12,400 euros. pictures and info are very scarce :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 am 
 WWW  Profile

new steyr website www.steyr1500.com

what's with the negative reputation man ....? - damn - just noticed i've gone positive - must annoy someone quick .....