WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 23:55 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 20:00 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
1943 GMC closed cab long wheel base going up for sale.

This Jimmy is one of the best in the country for sure. Restored about 3 years ago and dry stored since when not in use and between events.

The canvas is as new as is the copolar cover. :lol:

All wheels are shod with correct WWII pattern NDT tyres, :lol: the front two are brand new and done about 120 miles. Also there is a couple of good spares too. :lol: The exhaust is still good, however there is also a Stainless steel system there as a replacement when the time comes. :lol:

All Pioneer tools are correct WWII issued items. :lol: Vehicle comes with a full workshop manual. :lol:

To be sold with the vehicle or seperate, is a steel bodied Ben Hur Trailer. The trailer has good canvas and ALL the woodwork. All the electrics were updated prior to Normandy Trip 2004.

The GMC and Trailer is for sale for £4500.

The GMC on its own is for sale for £4000

The Ben Hur is for sale for £700

New Vehicle project forces sale of this very nice bit of kit :cry:

Please PM me for further details

Kind Regards

Lee Bowden

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 20:02 pm 
2000+ Poster

I can vouch that this vehicle is in Pukka nick.

Bez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 23:56 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
NEW PROJECT !!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 0:11 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

A little smaller and will fit in the garage with the other one.

You have a nice little one too I belive.

Kind Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 0:22 am 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
You say the nicest things....got one in mind !!! mate

Dont go and buy a wrongun like i did and have to spend a small fortune putting it right...:-(

Regards

Lloyd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:45 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Been there before Bud.

Who ever goes for this truck wont have the same problem of course, she's a joy

Regards

Lee

Nelson Mandela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 19:26 pm 
1000+ Poster

if only my carport was a bit wider....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 20:00 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: 95th nacht abt..attached 85th gebirgs
bumping this
shame to see people sell things like this :cry:
i know what it is like to see something go so colose to ones heart :wink:

goood luck lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 20:23 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

I think it will be going to a good owner Les and I appreciate the sentiment. Only another "Rivet Counter" can appreciate the TLC that goes into keeping their old war horses on the road.

Hopefully as a large barn door closes another smaller one opens.

Kindest Regards

Lee

Nelson Mandela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 21:49 pm 

Group: Desperately Looking!
AAAAARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was talking to Mick at the training week end about saving me money to buy a Jimmy at the end of next year....why did you have to post that beauty when I aint got the cash yet.............off to slash me wrists.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 21:56 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Should you not have a Jeep and driver Capt.

See you ar COAM

Regards

Lee

Nelson Mandela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 22:05 pm 

Group: Desperately Looking!
The Cols got a jeep mate...Ive driven the trucks ovr the week end and Im hooked!!! Incidentally it WASNT me who got one of em stuck!

Thats a seriously nice bit of kit...if I had the money Id have it straight away..but Im sure so would a lot of people!!! Whats the new project anyway??

Dont bring the truck to COAM as it might go missing whilst getting waterproofed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:30 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Truck and Trailer Sold

Thanks for the interest

Regards

Lee

Nelson Mandela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 21:36 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: faaa and rockabilly band, whirlwind
deleted by dodo

we dry clean your precious items with care and pride. mail order a speciality. http://www.bradleysqualitydrycleaning.co.uk/

sh*t yourself thin with the kelmarsh diet. lose 6 pounds in six hours.

john costino........what a guy.

Last edited by the dancing dodo on Fri Dec 22, 2006 13:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 21:40 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Im not talking to you anymore, you think my picture on the left is Gay :cry:

Oh all right, lets see what I need to offset the cost of these new wheels in the new year and we might then strike a deal :wink:

Regards

Lee

Nelson Mandela

Post subject: SAD DAY
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Its a sad day when ones pride and joy becomes some one else's new pride and joy. Alas this morning my 1942 GMC Close Cab left Twinwoods for the very last time.

However I am happy that it is going to a keen owner who will have her undercover with other WWII MV stable mates. I got what I wanted and needed for her and the trailer and with a new project shortly starting this is very good news too, however when I saw her pulling away with the fantastic noise that stright six makes through the exhaust, I have to say I was a little chocked to say the least.

She has seen us safely over to Normandy and has taken my group hundreads of miles to events around the country, she will be missed. But life goes on and an exciting new vehicle is just around the corner. The anchor it has provided to any one base location has finally been lifted and of that I am ultimatly gratefull :cry: :lol:

Regards to all

Lee

Nelson Mandela