WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 22:41 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 am 

well still on Beech Constructions projects

hangar almost finished.......electrics being connected on saturday

hope to paint the front doors on saturday and then back onto Beech Restorations

also hope to sort exhaust on saturday for krad.

bought a datsun pipe with several right angle bends and a long length of flexy

bit of cutting and welding and i should be ok.....bit concerned about how to get it into the muffler though

cheers

philip

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 20:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Wow. What a great topic. Being involved in the antique restoration business I always have a fasination with people involved in restoration projects. This one looks superb. What a top quailty piece of work. Have you any updates or pics of how its looking now??? Will it be at any of this years events??If so I'll have to remember to come and shake your hand. Great stuff.

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 am 

dog green 1 wrote:
Wow. What a great topic. Being involved in the antique restoration business I always have a fasination with people involved in restoration projects. This one looks superb. What a top quailty piece of work. Have you any updates or pics of how its looking now??? Will it be at any of this years events??If so I'll have to remember to come and shake your hand. Great stuff.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

i managed to drive it accross the airfield a couple of weeks back however no steering and throttle was on full all the time.

pulled the engine, gearbox and diff out so i could sort out the brakes. Did that on saturday, found out diff was leaking so need to fix that, oil sump has a hole in it so i need to get that welded up then i can put it all back in.

hope to solve the leaky diff this weekend.

really don't think i will be able to get it to any shows this year.

probably will run it a bout at the next bruntingthorpe open day which i think is on 30th August (DATE NOT CONFIRMED).

check out kettenkrad on youtube as i posted a video of me driving with no steering

regards

philip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 15:35 pm 

Hi everyone - it has been a long time coming and it has been a difficult decision but i have decided to sell my kettenkrad

since my last post the restoration has been completed and the kettenkrad is now a real beauty. check out the pictures over on vw166.com and whermacht awards search for kettenkrad in paint on there and in the german vehicles sub forum on vw166

anyway - it is a feb 44 build with side skirts (they were deleted in 44 but mine still had them when i got it) originality - well it is not original. If you want an original expect to pay over £100,000.

mine is original hull, wheels, tracks, diff, gearbox, forks

repro - front wheel, fuel tanks, rear seat, locker boxes.

superb paint job and marked 5th heavy company of HG division - battle group bologna.

post war engine - early 50's. Starts on the button. 12volt conversion with loads of battery power. electric fuel pump fitted absolutely no starting issues. New radiator.

reason for sale - well parents getting on and need to take care of them. Converting garage to granny annex so needs must

here are a few vids of the kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBvQspSQnk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJPXmVXkmJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYco2ADyuzs

this is a really fantastic machine and it is a shame to let it go

looking for £75,000 for it - priced to sell

if anyone is interested please could you email me - philip.studfast@btconnect.com

part ex available

cheers

philip