WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 18:53 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 23:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Could you come down in price? if you could & if i have any money left after Normandy 09, I'd take the lot.

" We carry our weight "

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 0:28 am 
2000+ Poster

raschippo wrote:
Could you come down in price? if you could & if i have any money left after Normandy 09, I'd take the lot.

The £4 isn't my price, its what I paid from my local scrap yard. They were £5 originally but I beat him down by buying 100+. He still has lots of pallets left.

CSM "Are those your best boots corporal?"
Cpl "No sir, I have no favorites"

You want it when? :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 am 
 WWW  Profile

ahh, perhaps I should pay him a visit now the price of scrap has fallen

" We carry our weight "

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 17:30 pm 
2000+ Poster

You could just buy enough boxes to cover the opening at the back of the wagon to make it look full. Drop me a PM if need details of where and when.

CSM "Are those your best boots corporal?"
Cpl "No sir, I have no favorites"

You want it when? :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 am 

Group: field of fire ww2 display group
Hi there my name is luke halladay, I am a re-enactor who is putting together a Military based magazine.
The magazine will be Free to all, enabling you to become part of our mailing list.

As a re-enactor I found that I have to buy three different magazines to find the things im looking for, so I come up with the idea of combining all the areas of most interest and sending it to everyone showing interest for free. The first issue is due for release on the 1st January 2010 and will be sent straight to your email address monthly. The
magazine is in a PDF format allowing 99% of all computers to access. The magazine will consist of upto 124 pages of Militaria, containing:-

- Re-enactment Groups, this allows us to publisise your group.
- Re-enactment Group of the month, Our team will pick a group from our contacts enabling them to have 4 pages dedicated to them in the magazine.
-Military Vehicles, this is an opportunity for subscribers to send us photos and details of there pride and joy. It
Will also have a double page spread for 1 vehicle in the month.
- Restration projects, subscribers can send in thier own projects, to help others or even ask questions.
- Classifieds section, subscribers can sell items, all militaria based
- Wanted section, For subscribers who are looking for things to complete thier collection but just cant find it.
- Vehicle Classified Section, For subscribers to sell thier Military Vehicle.
- D_Day diaries, the Stories from the vets of D-Day.
- Events Calender, The Calender to show all events in the year. Subscribers can send in events to be added.

For more view the website http://www.fofmagazine.webs.com
to join the mailing list send us an email to:
fofmagazine@live.co.uk
or www.fofmagazine.webs.com
IT IS FREE........................ even to submit us your group and information, future events of 2010 for the calender, pictures of your vehicles and group photos (we are looking for photos to be front cover images......)

For this type of magazine to go ahead, we need as much interest as possible, therefore we would like all interested viewers to spread the word and become part of this new exciting new idea.

[color=#0000FF]Winston S. Churchill[/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Field-Of ... ?ref=br_rs

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 19:49 pm 

Group: MVCG 86
Hi me and Liz otherwise known as she who will be obeyed have just joined the forum and it is our first military vehicle.

We have a 1942 Willys Jeep from Phoenix Arizona - ex navy but we have painted it as a tribute to the 82nd AB 319th Glider boys as they were based at Papillon Hall close to where we live in Lubenham Leics. I have attached a phot0 taken at Papillon Hall

We also have a Bantam mock up trailer based on a Sankey narrow. We have built a trailer to take them both out there so we will see how well we travel

The only problem now is that because I am a tall fat b******d I only just fit behind the wheel. So - we are doing Normandy with MVCG 86 and after that we will be looking for a Dodge WC Ambulance as they seem to have much more room for the more substantial gentleman.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 22:50 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
Hi Steve,
you trailering that Jeep to Normandy :wink: We're driving ours all the way there and back, thats what they were designed to do :wink: Love the Papilon Hall pic, nice touch that and Lubbenham is a lovely part of the world. If you're after one of Dodges finest then we need to talk, we've owned all the marks between us in the group and we're currently running at 1 WC62, 3 WC51's and 1 WC52, sadly no WC54 anymore but that may be changing very soon !!

Cheers Dave

' Jeez, where's that damned Lt. taking us now, he's gonna get us all killed'

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 23:15 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Just to confirm, I will be taking our 1944 leyland Hippo to Normandy on the 29th and leaving on the 8th.

Also going will be members of our RASC and ATS living history group.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

" We carry our weight "

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am 

Would love to go all the way as the actress said to the Bishop but we are then going down to the Vendee after Normandy and although the jeep may well take the journey my pocket wouldn't, petrol is around 1.25euros a litre using the diesel saves me pounds as the lourney is over 1000kilometers each way.

Lovely machine we have just joined but I feel that the groups standards morals and joie de vivre is as low as our own so I feel we will become part of the "family"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 22:56 pm 
4000+ Poster

Hi Steve,

yes buddy, you're right about the cost of motion lotion and with the pound/euro as it is it is'nt going to be cheap. Hope you enjoy the Vendee too, it's a lovely part of the world and some great beaches there too. We're staying at Fontenay on the estuary just down from Maisy if you fancy linking up ?

Cheers Dave

p.s. One of the guys got another Dodge today :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:50 am 

Dave

I have just checked up and you will be about 10 miles away from us at Isigny sur Mer so I am sure you will have us visiting. I don't know the full itinary yet but will pm you when I have it so we can firm everything up.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 23:38 pm 
4000+ Poster

Wow,

thats great Steve, Isigny is about 4-5 miles away so your not far at all. Look forward to catching up.

Cheers Dave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 23:19 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: V.E.R.A+the 29th field kitchen. 16 PFA, 23 PFA
my 1944 willys jeep how it looks now
Attachment:
PICT0026.jpg

and my pals jeep he has it as PPA as his dad was in that unite
Attachment:
PICT0004.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
nice jeeps there Sarge! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am 
Supporter

Group: independent
Only 1 :o( Wilys MB 1942 found in Oradur Sur Glan area 2006, in daily use owned by a Doctor for 15yrs he used it to collect wood from the forests , when taking the paint back found red , yellow blue the bottom coat olive so where its been and what its done ?????. Hopefully when the funds allow would like to get my hands on a Bedford MW (already restored) :o). Its marked up in my late fathers regiment ,who was in the first wave on D Day, Sword Beach Queen White The South Lancashire Regiment PWV .
I could have marked the bonnet more or less in its correct number , but it is marked with my fathers war time service number .This has this has been pointed out to me on a number of occasions "Thats not Right" duh! , so if you do see it about thats the explanation :o) lol , it means something to me.
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 18:05 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Forward To Victory
dave1SLANR wrote:
Only 1 :o( Wilys MB 1942 found in Oradur Sur Glan area 2006, in daily use owned by a Doctor for 15yrs he used it to collect wood from the forests , when taking the paint back found red , yellow blue the bottom coat olive so where its been and what its done ?????. Hopefully when the funds allow would like to get my hands on a Bedford MW (already restored) :o). Its marked up in my late fathers regiment ,who was in the first wave on D Day, Sword Beach Queen White The South Lancashire Regiment PWV .
I could have marked the bonnet more or less in its correct number , but it is marked with my fathers war time service number .This has this has been pointed out to me on a number of occasions "Thats not Right" duh! , so if you do see it about thats the explanation :o) lol , it means something to me.
Dave

can relate to that Dave, (bonnet (Reg)number), my MW carries my Dads DUKW (well the one he was issued with)reg no, obviously with first letter ammended.
My dog tags carry his army no.

Andy.

PS, MW,.....Great Choice. :D

Sussex Home Guard and Civilian LDV

ARP/Civil Defence

AFS
NFS
(NFS overseas, work in progress)

Tommy, WW1 ........work in progress

Never forgetting the sacrifices made, by many, so's I can live the way I do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next