WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 21:30 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
Quote:

Many Thanks Paul for those kind words....We only have a certain amount of control

Emma

Has someone told Bryn that ? :lol:

Thanks again - hopefully sending these cards out a little earlier means that you might manage to see something of Stoneleigh this year :wink:

Happy New Year

Last edited by Paul W on Sat Jan 03, 2015 22:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 21:38 pm 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
emma.b wrote:
britishwardog wrote:
Renewed my membership a couple of days ago, can someone please confirm it has gone through and paypal payment received.
Cheers.
Andy Wood

Andy, Theres a batch to be processed tonight, Ill look out for yours and if any problems ill drop you a line otherwise look out for your membership certificate

Emma

Hi Emma, when I went onto the site I noticed my photo had disappeared (probably a good thing :lol: ) so I took another and down loaded it but it seemed to show on my profile on its side, hope it's ok-let me know if I need to re-do it, cheers! :D
P.s. Certainly looking forward to another year of AFRA membership!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 14:13 pm 

britishwardog wrote:
emma.b wrote:
britishwardog wrote:
Renewed my membership a couple of days ago, can someone please confirm it has gone through and paypal payment received.
Cheers.
Andy Wood

Andy, Theres a batch to be processed tonight, Ill look out for yours and if any problems ill drop you a line otherwise look out for your membership certificate

Emma

Hi Emma, when I went onto the site I noticed my photo had disappeared (probably a good thing :lol: ) so I took another and down loaded it but it seemed to show on my profile on its side, hope it's ok-let me know if I need to re-do it, cheers! :D
P.s. Certainly looking forward to another year of AFRA membership!

All sorted Andy no problems

Emma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 19:33 pm 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
Excellent cheers Emma :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 21:03 pm 

AFRA membership Card collections at Stoneleigh Militaria Fair....

We will be walking round the show in black fleeces or red shirts with AFRA on them.
We will also be outside the main doors between 12 and 1pm so you can find us, please drop by and say hello!

Also we will then take cards to the AFRA AGM...which starts at 3pm sharp!

Thanks ..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:56 am 

Membership Update,

If your membership has been processed, you have recieved your cert then your cards are ready. I have posted all cards that have been requestedso far and all others are ready to bring to Stoneleigh.
I will process more membership later today

...Many Thanks

Emma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:48 pm 

Membership Update; Another very busy week processing memberships. If over the last week you have requested that your card be posted to you, then that has been done today.
For those that still wish to renew, and want your card for Stoneleigh your application/renewal and payment need to be with us by 7pm Friday 23rd Jan. All memberships that are renewed after this will NOT be processed until Monday 26th Jan. There will be no ifs or buts im afraid.
Thank you so much for your co-operation
Look forward to seeing some of you at Stoneleigh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:43 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
The new look website will be going on-line soon, probably after Stoneleigh.
You will need to set up a new account but once registered you can log in from Facebook.
The site is a good deal more user friendly, it has a progress bar to show how far your application or renewal has moved along.
I suggest you read Karls notes here; https://www.facebook.com/pages/AFRA/232771163453004
He explains it all a little better than I.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 19:33 pm 

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE> PLEASE READ>>
For those that still wish to renew, and want your card for Stoneleigh your application/renewal and payment need to be with us by 7pm Friday 23rd Jan. All memberships that are renewed after this will NOT be processed until Monday 26th Jan. There will be no ifs or buts im afraid.
Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 19:27 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

All accounts which have been paid up will be processed and cards printed before Stoneleigh. Any renewals or applications from this moment forward will have to wait until Monday to be processed.

http://www.afra.org.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 15:51 pm 

membership cards update; At the weekend I posted over 130 membership cards out and I can see from your comments they have started to arrive. Anyone who has joined and paid etc from 25th Jan onwards your cards will be going out later this week. Many Thanks for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:37 am 

Membership Update; I am just taking over another 70 cards to the post office today. We are now up to date with all memberships up until processing last night. If you feel that you should of received your card but have yet to do so drop me a message and I can inform you of your posting date. Many Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 20:14 pm 

Renewed my membership over the New Year period, and have received new card last week....Many thanks to Emma and the team for an easy and smooth transaction....All the best for the year ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 13:22 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

IMPORTANT!

The AFRA website has changed. You will know this as it will look very different.One of the main differences is in the technology behind this, how data is stored and how it is accessed, because of this, even after months of trying I was unable to convert the data we have now to the new framework.

Because of this we will need you to recreate your accounts and re-submit your details, and add any events that you my have added previously to the site. If you have already re-newed your membership and paid, this will be automatically updated for you, if you have yet to renew then we will process it as usual, but on this new account.

EVERYBODY needs to do this, regardless of wether or not you have already renewed or applied this year.

Please be patient when creating the account, as the activation email can take up to an hour to get to you.

Thank you

AFRA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 0:22 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

All accounts created up until midnight have been activated ready for the user to log in and create the application.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:13 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

PERFORMING RISK ASSESSMENTS AND ADDING EVENTS ON THE NEW AFRA WEBSITE

Performing Risk Assessments:

Click on EVENTS to bring up the Calendar.

Using the NEXT button to the right of TODAY, go to the month of the event.

Click on the date of the event to see a drop down list.

If the event is not there, you will need to add it (See note below)

If the event is there, click on it.

A box will appear with the events description. Click the ATTENDING box below it.

The Risk Assessment page will come up next.

Scroll to the bottom, add any further information you need to in the large white box.

Add members who you wish to perform the RA for in the thinner white box. (If you put in a partial name, it will bring up options)

Click ATTEND EVENT on the bottom right ONLY ONCE to submit.

A box will come up telling you the RA was created. Click OK to close. Don't click ATTEND EVENT again afterwards, or we will all get multiple copies of the same email. Your copy will be with you within an hour, depending on how busy the email server is.

Adding An Event:

Click AFRA MENU on top bar.

Select EVENT ADD from drop down menu.

Enter event title, start date and finish date.

Leave who it is for blank unless it is a private event just for your group.

Enter a URL for the event website if there is one.

Add a description of what the event is, i.e. public, show, private battle, training weekend etc., or copy something from the event website.

Click ADD EVENT to submit, and it's done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next