WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 19:59 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 19:40 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

ALL FRONTS RE-ENACTMENT ASSOCIATION

Well what can we say?
It's taken a long and rocky road to get here but it's finally working and the formula seems right.
AFRA is reborn.
We are not a group. We are not any specific nation or theatre. We are not looking to dominate or be the best. We don't care what shape or size or age you are (as long as you're over 16!)

We do care about what you care about though. We are a proper association. With all that goes with it. We invite membership from individuals and offer affiliation to groups. We are, we believe, the future.

To begin with - we have something many do not. A Mission Statement and a Purpose. This is just the tip of the iceberg and our track record proves that when we say we do something - we do it. We have the back up of a proper Constitution, proper Rules and Regulations, proper insurance and procedures. We have recognition from the Home Office. we have a dialogue with them - and more importantly we are proactive. Many wish NaRES would represent their interests - NaRES has refused entry to some. We have the same status as NaRES as far as the Home Office is concerend and we intend to use it to benefit you. Now there is a palatable alternative to NaRES... One that WORKS!

AFRA is for everyone. and wants very little back in return...... shortly the website will reflect our new direction. But for now here is that elusive Mission Statement.

More later.

Quote:
All Fronts Re-enactment Association
(formerly known as Axis Forces re-enactment Association)

Mission Statement and Purpose as of September 2007.

Mission Statement

The Mission of the All Fronts Re-enactment Association is to foster relations between ALL 20th Century Living Historians and re-enactors and to bring about a wider understanding of the genre to all who may come into contact with us.

The All Fronts Re-enactment Association wishes to break down traditional barriers and outdated values and replace them with new, workable ones that drive the hobby forwards, allowing more people to engage and share in the experiences to be had.

The All Fronts Re-enactment Association promotes understanding, education and respect amongst all races, religions, social groups and cultures by advocacy, conflict resolution, education and entertainment.

Purpose
To promote 20th Century Living History and to bring together the disparate elements already engaged within.

Already there is literally a queue waiting to join. Now we are able to drop the rope and let the queue surge forwards. In the run up to Xmas and into January, we will be processing memberships and issuing cards, paperwork and passwords to the sites. As you can appreciate, it will take a LOT of time so please be patient. we have proved this works over the last twelve months - Help us to prove it can work for the next ten years at least!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 20:26 pm 

And the very best of luck Paul, i know you and Karl have put in a lot of effort.

Lets hope this will manifest into a fully inclusive asscociation for the good and progressive future!

All the best.

Dan,

and yes i am a member :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 22:11 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Lovat Scouts/GHG Aux/Churchills Med Raiders/AFRA
PanzerGrenadier wrote:
ALL FRONTS RE-ENACTMENT ASSOCIATION

Well what can we say?
It's taken a long and rocky road to get here but it's finally working and the formula seems right.
AFRA is reborn.
We are not a group. We are not any specific nation or theatre. We are not looking to dominate or be the best. We don't care what shape or size or age you are (as long as you're over 16!)

We do care about what you care about though. We are a proper association. With all that goes with it. We invite membership from individuals and offer affiliation to groups. We are, we believe, the future.

To begin with - we have something many do not. A Mission Statement and a Purpose. This is just the tip of the iceberg and our track record proves that when we say we do something - we do it. We have the back up of a proper Constitution, proper Rules and Regulations, proper insurance and procedures. We have recognition from the Home Office. we have a dialogue with them - and more importantly we are proactive. Many wish NaRES would represent their interests - NaRES has refused entry to some. We have the same status as NaRES as far as the Home Office is concerend and we intend to use it to benefit you. Now there is a palatable alternative to NaRES... One that WORKS!

AFRA is for everyone. and wants very little back in return...... shortly the website will reflect our new direction. But for now here is that elusive Mission Statement.

More later.

Quote:
All Fronts Re-enactment Association
(formerly known as Axis Forces re-enactment Association)

Mission Statement and Purpose as of September 2007.

Mission Statement

The Mission of the All Fronts Re-enactment Association is to foster relations between ALL 20th Century Living Historians and re-enactors and to bring about a wider understanding of the genre to all who may come into contact with us.

The All Fronts Re-enactment Association wishes to break down traditional barriers and outdated values and replace them with new, workable ones that drive the hobby forwards, allowing more people to engage and share in the experiences to be had.

The All Fronts Re-enactment Association promotes understanding, education and respect amongst all races, religions, social groups and cultures by advocacy, conflict resolution, education and entertainment.

Purpose
To promote 20th Century Living History and to bring together the disparate elements already engaged within.

Already there is literally a queue waiting to join. Now we are able to drop the rope and let the queue surge forwards. In the run up to Xmas and into January, we will be processing memberships and issuing cards, paperwork and passwords to the sites. As you can appreciate, it will take a LOT of time so please be patient. we have proved this works over the last twelve months - Help us to prove it can work for the next ten years at least!

Paul,
Where do i sign ....

Andy

"I would have liked to have lived, but god has willed other wise, I will have done my share to make this world a better place in which we live.Maybe when the lights go on again all over the world, free people can be happy and gay again... if i failed as a leader, and pray god i didn't, it was not because i did not try"
Capt Henry T Waskow, 143 Regiment, 36 "Texas" Division, last will and testament, killed 14 December 1943 Hill 730 San Pietro, Italy

http://www.glamorganhomeguard.webs.com

Lovat Scouts

Phantom GHQ Liasion Regiment

http://www.averyspecialregiment.co.uk

Proud 2nd Place winners of "Best Group on Field or in arena"
Fortress Wales 2008

Churchills Mediterranean Raiders
http://cmr1.webs.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 22:54 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Online Application on website shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 19:04 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

New Web Site goes Live this weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:50 am 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Thanks Rockhopper!
Seems many more will too...... Applications are coming in steadily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:32 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

"The Bunker"
The forum of the Association is offline for a while in order to upgrade the software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 17:31 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

AFRA Forum back online and updated......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 19:44 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

website now updated - with downloadable application form. Read carefully folks and remember - © AFRA 2007 applies..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
Paul,

Good luck with this mate as I know you've put a lot into it. I'll get in touch soon and catch up.

Cheers Dave

' Jeez, where's that damned Lt. taking us now, he's gonna get us all killed'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 19:38 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

no - anyone joining now is joning for the remained of 2007 and for 2008.

Good question - apologies for not making that clear initially.

:wink:
PD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 15:28 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

PanzerGrenadier wrote:
no - anyone joining now is joning for the remained of 2007 and for 2008.

Good question - apologies for not making that clear initially.

:wink:
PD

WOW! Was I pished last night or what?
(well actually yes - Had the evil head of "Pst!" over and we celebrated by way of a few flaschen of vino collapso and some fine German Biers!!!!)

So - to re-iterate folks - Website is up and running now - Membership runs from now until Dec 31 2008 - You can read what we are all about on there - No secrets, no lies, no agenda...... No rivalry, no competition, no restrictions based on "quality" (the quality of the people is more important than body shape and other consideraton) No elitism. AFRA is for all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:58 pm 

Group: SBG
I will be sending a cheque off to join in the very near future Herr Dalby :)

I. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next