WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 16:26 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 20:59 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: FRAU
I don't think the axis ladies will be taking on that trend any time soon, gets a bit cold on the eastern front never mind in shorts boots and a helmet :shock:

Next event for FRAU is the NYMR event where we get to have a station dedicated to axis re-enactment. The station is themed as a part of captured France and Levisham becomes Le Visham for the weekend. There is always a great feel between the staff and re-enactors (hell they even cook us a meal and ply us with alcohol 8) ) and the public are always abundant.

Looking forward to seeing friends old and new there :mrgreen:

The highest form of flattery is imitation...... allegedly

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:56 am 
3000+ Poster

Well a day to go, til we venture down to a small but very picturesque station amidst the North Yorkshire Moors.

The FRAU ladies are looking forward to their last event of the year, and working alongside other female re-enactors. Dirndl pressed and packed, suitcase at the ready and the bimble to Le Visham starts.

Can't wait to wake up and see the mist rolling over those hills from Lockton, see you all in the valley 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 16:59 pm 
3000+ Poster

What a fantastic weekend, how proud I was to be with all the ladies, not just those of FRAU at levisham. All pulling together, I hope the feeling is mutual and that we shall all work together again in the next re-enacting year it truely was a pleasure to have the ladies of KSK, KP1, Pam, Micky, Frontline DRK, Gebirgsjaegers and FRAU all pulling together... oh yes and the chocolate (thanks Liz and Stuart, and Pam for my kitkat).

I still can't talk :oops: am sure they were most pleased at work today :lol: well done Lou thats another year of this under your belt :wink: and see you in a couple of weeks 8)

To all the gentlemen that were there, thanks for being so hospitable to all the ladies, I hope they all come back again next year :mrgreen: maybes some more?

Next on the FRAU calendar is cooking at Dukes Covert, and then the Normandy 44 dance, see those going to either of those, there ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
You girls were all fantastic, all weekend long.
This especially as the Battlegroup commander was such a rude sod.
Well done ladies. Your team spirit and inter-group co-operation is a benchmark for other groups to emulate.

You have had a fantastic year.
Although proffessional at all the displays, the "Soldatenheim" was a triumph (that we were all glad to help with)
Your improvement and expansions are there for all to see.

Roll on next year and lets see what other suprises FRAU have in store for us!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 22:02 pm 
3000+ Poster

Can't wait for the new year, talks have been afoot for sometime for next years preparations.

There is now only our attendance at the N44 dance on the 28th Nov in Hartlepool left for one last social before the kit is tucked away and restored over the winter months.

We've had a fantastic first year and couldn't have done any of it without the support of not only our bretheren groups within wars, but also many other re-enactors that have assisted us in 2009. To all those, we thank you.

Roll on 2010 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 17:07 pm 
3000+ Poster

Oops we've slipped down the forum.

Anyways the ladies of FRAU revisted their soldatenheim for an interesting weekend of weather at GPM to mark their birthday and the first event of the year.

A good weekend was had, and the ladies are now putting thoughts and plans into place for further events throughout 2010.

The next event the ladies will be attending is at Evesham in June and after that will be their annual trip to W & P

The ladies look forward to seeing friends old and new throughout the re-enacting year, and if doing the soldatenheim welcome axis re-enactors in kit onto their display.

We are always open to new members and for any females interesting in finding out more about FRAU please view our website and forum where further contact information can be found.

Thanks

FRAU

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 17:22 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: 95th nacht abt..attached 85th gebirgs
hi dink ...may i take this opertunity to thank all in frau for the hospitality and offer to help with the vets (if they turned up) at the gunpowder mills show
great to sit chat and enjoy the company of the girls
and helpers
again thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 19:22 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Mediterraneo WW2 Italian Reenactment Group
Ladies, i am always impressed with your display, its a great thing to do, and most welcoming.

Maybe you should have a go at the Italian version of it?....... OH yeah!!!!!!! :wink:

Keep it up guys. :D

Neil

IF, and only IF, there is a war, we may provide you with a camouflage hood or cap in times of wet weather (Quote from the 1936 drill manual for the REI)

Telo Tenda Mimetico Modello 1929. Keeping Farbs dry at night since 1978

Its a Tent! Its a Poncho! Its a Ground Sheet! Its a Camouflage against the enemy. My word, its even a waterproof sleeping bag! It is not, however, German.

M33 Elmetto. Good against shrapnel. Great for grinding coffee. For that superb sweat encrusted taste.[/size]
http://ww2italianreenactment.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 22:20 pm 
3000+ Poster

Well I have been remiss... still back to it now and having just got back from RGM at Waltham Abbey we're looking forward to the rest of the year. Its the 2nd event for the group (although one lucky member went to Russia as well) and just want to say all the usual guff that we're here for female axis re-enactors. The group was set up to promote and help other female axis re-enactors, we can offer PLI that can cover you for group events and others. We are happy to work (infact its our dream) with lots of other females to create an awe inspiring display. We are despite rumours not interested in pinching members, however we want to offer women in groups that are male dominated somewhere to go that doesn't mean sitting on a frontline display out of place, a lil safe haven if they need it, or just the chance for a chinwag. You don't have to have our membership, we are still here for all and if you have PLI already and would like to attend an event with us please let us know.

The next event the ladies have is assisting at the charity football match Escape to Victory being held at Colchester FC after that it is I believe tankfest then War and Peace, Beltring. Finally hopefully attached are a couple of recent pictures from GPM

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 21:30 pm 
3000+ Poster

Totally let us fall down the page as I have been otherwise occupied with getting my Health sorted however now I is back :twisted:

Frau this year already have forged new ground with New display ideas after enjoying lot of success with our soldatenheim we feel it is time to let it rest for a bit whilst we test the waters and push our girls into new situations. To this end the ladies of frau trailed a display at Waltham abbey that allowed us to try something totally new and we will be revisiting this display at detling, the display encompasses the women who worked within the nskk and as luftshultz dealing with vehicles :D

Frau ran a very successful field hospital despite adverse conditions initially at war and peace and also had the privilege of being invited into the battle as civilians with children.

We are hoping to pull of something special for victory so fingers firmly crossed :o

We are looking constantly to push our group of ladies into new ground and hope to bring some new ideas to female reenactment of axis forces in the coming months and into next year :mrgreen:

Anyone interested in seeing what we are about is encouraged to visit and even join us with no commitment for an event.

Our ladies don't just do the girly stuff as can be seen with some of our displays, we can also do any of our previous displays on request and are always keen to work with any other group :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 17:57 pm 

Dink, i have an email that i would like to forward to you guys

Can you send me a suitable email addy?

Thanks

Em.xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 21:03 pm 
3000+ Poster

Emma will pm you tout suite xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 am 

Does anyone know if Frau is still active, or if their e-mail has changed from the one listed on their website ? I have tried to e-mail them, but haven't gotten responses back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:55 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
email me at robertson1212@ntlworld.com and I will pass on any info. Dink & Lou are usually on here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am 

Group: WW2LHA , soskan & Llancaiach Fawr
Hi
I have been unable to get through to anyone in FRAU I wanted to invite them to our Event.
May I email robertson1212@ntlworld.com as well please ?
cheers
Ian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 22:19 pm 

Group: Das reich
Ian,
That will be fine, Neily baby will be fine with that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next