WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 23:06 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:08 am 
3000+ Poster

Group: FRAU
Noticed we didn't have a mention on here, so thought I'd add one :D cleverly adapted to it makes sense on this forum :lol:

Just a quick post to get us on the list but basically:

Female group ran by women of WARS providing an opportunity for all women regardless of group to work together. As long as you have insurance paid to someone then we are happy to work with you.

We initally thought of the idea as a way of broadening our uniform collections then thought why not use them?

We hope to portray all aspects of third reich womens roles, from mother to DRK to Reichspost.

Any women wanting to work with us or join then please PM either Helga or Me!!! Even if you just want some advice for ladies getting into the hobby, just get in touch.

Ta Dink and H x

The highest form of flattery is imitation...... allegedly

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:10 am 
3000+ Poster

And to add to that anyone interested in portraying Flakhelferin or Luftwaffe Helferin at the East of England tank museum, we can accomodate you 8) let us know if you want to come and play as we'll be helping to man (woman) a flak 88 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 13:46 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: "They Led the Way"
Good luck girls. :D

Wullie Mulgrew CSRT
http://theyledtheway.freeforums.org/index.php

http://www.facebook.com/theyledtheway.

Rangers Lead The Way!

https://www.wisepropertycare.com

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:17 pm 
3000+ Poster

Thanks Wullie, heres a quick run down of some of the impressions we're hoping to do at shows in the future year 8)

East of England Tank Museum - We will be using an '88' and teaming up as Flak Helferin.
Beltring - Flak helferin Unit (hopefully) if not then Nachrichten with Das Reich/DRK with Nick and Michaela as well as German civilians and children.
Detling - ReichsPost - Providing a mail service to the show ground for giggles!
NYMR - Combination of Reichsbahn helferin and nachrichten

We will also be at Renishaw Hall and the Victory Show, with Das Reich.

Anyone interested note you don't have to be an axis reenactor, when we say you need pli it doesn't matter if its with allied/axis or both :wink: , so please feel free to come and talk to us.

If you'd like to join us on display and have civilian kit and want to see more about what we are about, we can work you into certain scenario's.

We're also currently working on making the hobby as accessable to women as possible, by including children (currently as civilians - ie mine only atm, but there will be at some events a seperate place of safe play for children so they can be monitored whilst mum can enjoy the hobby ;) ). I am sure my kids will be more than happy for any company -play mates - at coming events and will hopefully (its a work in progress) have authentic/repro toys and other materials to help keep the kinder occupied and be of interest to the public :wink: .

We're very lucky to have in our ranks, Beate who is a wealth of information on the Civilian side of German WWII history 8) and with her help this side of things hopefully will be expanded (and she will be available to talk to people at Beltring and I believe NYMR 8) )

Finally I just wanted to add, if anyone is interested in working with us, as we have a few impressions now well under the way (in particular some of the more unusual ones and some not listed above are in progress), then please contact us and we can see what we can do to assist you :wink:

Any other questions please do not hesitate to contact Helga or myself. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 0:25 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 'Heia Safari' DAK Living History Group.
Hi Dink,

We saw you girls at Waltham Abbey, so good luck with your new venture.

For your information, we are starting off a Marinehelferin section and some of our girls are organising appropriate uniforms. You are all very welcome to muck in with us anytime if you are present at one of our shows.

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:29 am 
3000+ Poster

Many thanks Kev, both Helga and myself are in the throws of sorting Marinehelferin uniforms out and at some point we will come and join your females on your display 8)

Again thanks

Dink 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:14 pm 
3000+ Poster

Well despite the weather on Saturday being a smidge soggy a great time was had by FRAU. Unfortunately the Flak 88 never arrived, but the museum kindly offered a 1938 captured Polish Bofor to play with instead 8) which was greatfully accepted, arrangements are in place (again with the generous assistance of the East of England Tank Museum) to be representing Flakhelferinnen at Beltring at sporadic points throughout the event. If you'd like to join in, please contact Helga or myself it would great to have you onboard 8) or doing one of the other impressions we plan on portraying at this or other events.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:19 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Great picture, Dink!

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:24 pm 
3000+ Poster

Thanks Kev, your ladies are more than welcome to come and play if they have some blue overalls if we're doing flak at an event (same as those your chaps wear for uboat), even if its for an hour or whatever to get away from you chaps ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:35 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

dink wrote:
even if its for an hour or whatever to get away from you chaps ;)

Thanks for the offer, Dink, I'll let them know.

Do you think they would want to get away from us then? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:39 pm 
3000+ Poster

Well erm well, if course I mean they can spend time with your good menfolk anytime, but they won't often get the chance to wo-man some artillery ;) :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 21:11 pm 
3000+ Poster

Some more pictures from The East of England Military Museum at Thetford, showing the combined efforts of FRAU and The Frontline Association (Some more pictures from The East of England Military Museum at Thetford, showing the combined efforts of FRAU and The Frontline Association (http://www.frontlineassociation.eu) members Leanne and Nelly 8)

Image members Leanne and Nelly 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am 

Well done to Dink for posting those pics, I've been distant from the forums for a while now due to certain arguemnets etc on here and the PST but Dink and myself really want to make a go of FRAU so I will be back pestering you all with PMs and posts.

Frau is getting stronger and stronger and with Dink and I at the helm we are just trying to acctualy put into reality the hundreds of ideas we have.

Beltring coming up and several women will be joining us and we will come round and discuss ideas with those who are interested in joining. I'd like to chat to some allied ladies into organising an allied section if anyones interested?

Seeing you all soon

H x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Normandy44
Best of luck ladies!

What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:56 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AASI & 16PFA
Pictures look great!!

And the best of luck to you!!!
Hope it goes well.

Shaun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:58 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
Well done gals!

About time too. Looking forward to seeing you all at W&P.

Kate
x

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next