WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 16:44 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 pm 

Hi Matt

Just goes to show how often I have been browsing web forums as I have only just picked this up! This topic has never been raised, and don't envisage it being so. It is good to see WW2LHA having gained another good German unit, and also good to see 916GR had a good recruiting year in 2008, with some younger guys also. At present we are enjoying establishing ourselves as a full-time affair, and trying to do a half-decent job at doing so (it is hard work, and no b*gger warned me it would be! :D )

Cheers and hopefully cross paths at some stage.

Nick

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 19:59 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: pathfindergroupUK
Nick,

'At present we are enjoying establishing ourselves as a full-time affair, and trying to do a half-decent job at doing so'

that wont be hard for your guys nick, with the god like quality that is apart of the GD fusilier regiment, groups should be aspiring to look up at you guys.

I look at your website everyweek to see the quality of pictures and the generous amount of infomation that is availible on the Fusilier regiment.

Tom

Dutch B Wing Para course June 24 2010
Driel DZ holland, Sept 18th 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtF47xPBIv0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Tom, appreciate it.

I omitted from my original post that AFRA have played a very influential part in enabling us to function as a unit. And for that, Paul et al have our sincere gratitude. It certainly is a progressive organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 am 

Hello all

Just a heads up to say we have updated our living history gallery with our photos of Lithuania 1944 (aka The Bunker Bash). We thoroughly enjoyed this event, and thank the organisers for their efforts in starting our positions for us and making us feel welcome. Hope you enjoy the pics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 am 

If you are attending Beltring this year, please feel free to come and say hello. Five of this years six new members will be in attendance, which will be a welcome addition to our impression. Thankfully, all are the right side of 30 in both age and waist size, as opposed to myself! :cry: :)

Normally, intergrating such a number of new recruits would have an impact while they get up to the standards required, but four of them are all experienced living historians, so it's a great win win situation.

If you are interested in a quality Wehrmacht living history impression, with selected tactical events, we would be pleased to hear from you.

Weiter so!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:16 pm 

Hallo

Just a note to say thanks to those of you who came to have a look at our display effort this w/e at Beltring. Personally, we felt that is was one of our best efforts in ten years of coming to the event. The new boys were seamless, and did an excellent job of the extended schwere mg position amongst others. We are already booked into Beltring 2010 and planning our scenario.

We hope to have our pics up in the not too distant, showing you our w/e's portrayal of Schaulen, 1944.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 am 

A couple of tasters of our display at Beltring - the Schwere mg42 Stellung.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 19:55 pm 

Hallo

Please feel free to take a look at our efforts at portraying the Panzer Fusilier Regiment Großdeutschland at Schaulen in 1944. You will find the pics in the "Living History Gallery", 2009. We hope you enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 15:44 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Das Heer
I went to have a look at the trench system, and was invited in by Richard to have a closer look.

All the hard work these guy's put in was worth it, it was without doubt one of the best living history display's I've seen.

Well done guys!

Recruitment enquiry's
Dasheer27@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 22:55 pm 

Hallo

Our webmeister has just uploaded two further galleries and a short film, depicting the men of Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland during the campaign in Lithuania 1944.

Here is the link, we hope you enjoy them.

http://www.gd-uk.org/lhgallery2009.html

Weiter So!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 22:28 pm 

Hallo

Just a note to say the unit endured some wintry conditions last weekend at the Koenigsberg tactical event at Ashby. Hopefully some further insight into the conditions that the Landser contended with. Although unable to attend myself, mein Leutnant informs me that of the Fuesilieren present, they conducted themselves with their expected high authenticity, discipline and professionalism. Our new recruit from Germany fitted like a hand in glove, so tremendous credit goes to Heerwagen for his not inconsiderable efforts. Thank you.

Also, would just like to say that it was nice to work with the men of GD Recon for the first time.

Our next event will be the Bunker Bash, hope to see you there.

Should you be interested in undertaking the portrayal of a Fuesilier to what is widely viewed as amongst the highest standards within living history, contact us via our website/forum.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 21:01 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Grossdeutschland Aufklärung
Nice to meet up with the boys at this one and get to know some of you a little better, hopefully the start of something which will see us working more closely in the future now we know each other a little better!

Neil.

Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds, our tank roars forward with the storm wind.

www.panzeraufgd.co.uk

www.facebook.com/Panzeraufgd/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 19:07 pm 

Gentlemen,

Our pictures from the 2010 Bunker Bash event are now online. This was an excellent little event, nicely contained and well catered for. We look forward to returning to improve upon our trench impression.

Our scenario is set in April 1944 at the Battle of Targul Frumos. Please visit our website at http://www.germansoldier.co.uk for all the galleries.

Best Regards,

http://www.germansoldier.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 am 

Just a note to say that mein Fuesiliere will be attending Beltring today/this w/e. Do come over for a chat, you will be more than welcome. We are in the treeline to the right of the arena as you look at it. Hope to see you there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:37 pm 

Hallo

Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland will be displaying at "Blasts From The Past", Romsey, Hants this coming w/e if you are in the area.

We have a new recruit to bring into the fold at this event, and are always on the lookout for guys who have the attitude to undertake this hobby to as authentic a degree as possible.

If you are interested in being a Fuesilier, click on the banner below and let us know what you are about.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:43 am 

Hallo

Well, PFRGD thoroughly enjoyed attending "Blasts From The Past", the multi-period event in Romsey, Hants last w/e. Although a small turnout of nine Fuesiliere, I believe the display created more than punched our weight and appeared to be well received by fellow re-enactors and public alike. It was good to welcome Fuesilier Osterwald into the fold and finish this years relatively short public season on a high. Thanks to all the men who contributed to an excellent team effort.

It was also nice to see some former friends in WW2LHA, and us being able to show them how to dig properly! Clearly life is esier on the western front! :mrgreen:

Please find a couple of portraits of the event, with the full selection of photos to follow when our KB has done his stuff!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.