WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 17:28 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thunder From Heaven
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 17:25 pm 
1000+ Poster

The next event for Thunder from Heaven is this weekend at the Victory show. Where we will be joining the guys of AFLHA, with a scenario of 3rd US Armoured Division in Belgium in September 1944, near to Liege (Luttich).

Colin

Living my dream my way

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 14:15 pm 
1000+ Poster

Many thanks to Russ and the AFLHA guys,thanks for the invite and the rides :D

Once again Schubi took all the attention, sorry Chris we was just too boring

Some good chats with Paul 'Alex Salmon' Dray and plenty of the faces of living history

Nice to talk to the twins from Combat dealers,new series starts filming soon

Was interesting to give Colins Waffen SS veterans files an airing,Glad you liked them H

Thanks a million to Rich and Mitchell for the nice dinner and putting us up over the weekend

Best bit was seeing all the quality U.S Airborne reeenactors,next event for us might be reenactors re-enacting reenactors now that would be interesting!
44 goggles,knuckle knives on legs/arms/shoulders,huge mesh helmet nets etc etc etc

Finally a message for Chris

get some scran inside ya , get a brew on ,set ya bivi up and get in ya doss bag , and don't forget ya gat and lid

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 15:19 pm 

Group: Thunder From Heaven
great show thanks all who participated, first time have been to victory and all in all a good solid event.
some very funny moments and laughs all weekend including;
junkies junkies ba*****s,
fear of the frog
and many more.
thanks from me and Toby to Rich and Mitch for there hospitality for the whole weekend also great food :)

some good purchases on a few bits and bobs. looking forward to next years set of events.

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 17:16 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
de45 wrote:
Some good chats with Paul 'Alex Salmon' Dray and plenty of the faces of living history

Aye, and next I'll have Gillie wi me just incase he suddenly get's jip from his leg :evil:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 18:23 pm 

Group: Allied Forces Living History Association.
Great to have the TFH gang on board, we really enjoyed the company again.

Looking forward to future projects in 2015.....

Russ
Allied Forces Living History Association Ltd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:46 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Agree with DE45, Thanks very much for joining forces AFLHA, a very enjoyable weekend spent with you guys again! Look forward to more of it :wink: Nice to see Paul Dray too, was pleased that he didn't use the 'his leg is playing up, i've got to go' excuse when talking to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good weekend had once again with the 'Crazy Gang'. Most of my memorable moments have already been stated by Maximus really...... Frog attack!

I have to say the forum is yet again being filled with utter tosh about this event, as I personally think this show wasn't as good as it has been the last few years. ALOT of very .........well ....... not so 'nice' Airborne re-enactors. Putting the hobby to shame really with the 'things' (for want of a better word) they had on. BUT hey-ho.....the public thought it was good and other here still patting them on the back. Although credit to those who actually made an effort, the Bastogne 'snow flour' display was a very clever idea, and easy to clean no doubt!!

Lots of tent displays and not much else......again......same old same old. We were pushed out somewhat and cramped in the corner with plenty of spaces available really........... Thought the show was, again, well organised over the two days (with the exception of leaving time on Sunday, where all hell broke loose!!!) Fair play to them for keeping calm. Thanks to the event organisers for their hard work and efforts.

Pin pulled.........grenade left.......

Anyway, moan over. Good fun still had with my lot and the guys from AFLHA, Lloydy and Ian? good to catch up again. More stalls and traders this year, with plenty of things about but at very 'silly' prices. I actually made money over the weekend selling some surplus stuff that nobody even enquired about on here. The power of selling at shows eh! Plus the lovely lady who was selling those cakes, I spent more money on her stall than anything else........they were good though :lol:

I am really getting sick of our main member though, as Shubi the dog got more attention than ANYTHING else we did. How many times over the weekend did I hear....' is that dog real?' grrrrrrrr how I didn't launch her over the hedgerow I don't know!!

Big thanks to Colin and Ian for their usual hard work and effort that goes into ensuring we 'get it right'. Good to catch up with the Biebers and Max and Toby too. Looking forward to next year and the ideas we have in motion now. Really exciting times if we can get it going!! Not the same old same old #rowoftents.com, and maybe even a break for that bloody dog too so that people might look at us instead!!! :twisted: Will post some pictures when I get chance to look through what we have.

Ian......Ya junkies Junkies B***tard ya!! Ya the king o dog sh**e, with dowes DVDs jamaican.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 17:49 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Can't really add anything more to what has already been said. Totally agree with the same old same old displays. And of course the US Airborne.............what more can you say, in their own little world, bless em!!!

Anyway well done to those who made a real effort, some good displays which I saw when I went for a wander.

Mortar went well in the battle so pleased with that, and wow was we close to that pyro on the Sunday.
Not sure how the battle went as we were so far back doing the menial tasks, rather than charging with bayonets fixed and side arms making an appearance as well as knuckle dusters etc etc, you all know what I mean!!
At least the talent spotting kept us all amused :-)

So onto working on next years ideas, will be in touch soon with plans etc etc to get all your feed back.

http://www.thunderfromheaven.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 19:54 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Whitefeather wrote:
Agree with DE45, Thanks very much for joining forces AFLHA, a very enjoyable weekend spent with you guys again! Look forward to more of it :wink: Nice to see Paul Dray too, was pleased that he didn't use the 'his leg is playing up, i've got to go' excuse when talking to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naaah, I just said "I'm bored wi ye now" ... Or wanted to 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 19:39 pm 

Glad to hear it Paul. Honesty is something very seldom used face to face in this hobby :wink:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 22:36 pm 
Supporter

Group: AFLHA/2nd Armoured in europe.
Great to meet all you guys on Sunday and yes those pyros were bloody close!.

Right, I am off to the secret magic shop in Peterborough!

Regards
Ian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 17:05 pm 
1000+ Poster

I would like to thank the guys from AFLHA for their hospitality at the Victory show, in particular : Russ, Jon, Carl and Rusty. Great also to meet Ian, and all the other players, over the weekend. Many thanks also to my guys, playing second fiddle to the star of the show, Schubi ! Thanks also to Richard for the B&B in his new home, what a wonderful evening meal, too.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 18:55 pm 

Better late than never....... well that's my motto anyway.

A few pictures from a very enjoyable Victory Show 2014.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 16:36 pm 

Nice pics chris although i see one thing.

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 18:22 pm 
1000+ Poster

Keep them coming Chris, please.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 am 

Group: Allied Forces Living History Association.
Nice pictures!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 17:17 pm 
2000+ Poster

Whitefeather wrote:
Better late than never....... well that's my motto anyway.

A few pictures from a very enjoyable Victory Show 2014.....

Like the mortar team, much try it on the Czech trip in 2015 with us

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next