WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 18:14 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thunder From Heaven
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:37 pm 
1000+ Poster

The next outing for TfH, is Military Odyssey at Detling near to Maidstone on August bank holiday weekend.

Colin

Living my dream my way

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:27 pm 
1000+ Poster

Lucky enough, to just see both Lancaster's pass overhead, as they head back to Coningsby, while parking the car !

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 18:56 pm 
1000+ Poster

Van packed to the roof, and off now for a nice dinner and a glass of wine, prior to checking out the Michelin guide for Nancy ! Looking for a good hotel with a knife fork and spoon, I think the hotel is called the Majestic ! Maybe they will hear our Detroit motor as we enter Military Odyssey, tomorrow. No negative waves please !

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 am 

Group: Allied Forces Living History Association.
Have a good one guys.

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 18:17 pm 
1000+ Poster

Just finishing off packing away, from the gig at Military Odyssey, and nearly everything wet ! A really good time was had by all, and the group endured the last day when it rained all the time. Thanks to Chris for the BBQ on Friday evening, as usual a real gastronomic feast. Many thanks to the rest of the group for the hard work in erecting the display, and acting out the two scenario's per day for the public.
A pleasure as always working with some top groups on the battlefield, especially the head sheds of the SBG : Glen, Spencer, Mark and Aaron, in cobbling together changes to the scripts for the daily battle. A top bunch of guys.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 19:07 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Another great Military Odyssey gone. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it again, althout Mondays washout was one to forget!!

Great 'laugh a minute' weekend with the gang, some memorable moments were:

Whitesiiiiiiiiiiiide........................
A Great Big Bushey Beard..........
Oooo ooo ohhhh, the right stuff!
has Gary Busey died yet? (looks like he has already)
11.30................?
Do you know why they call them the Andes?

And many more laughs that to everyone else seems meaninless but to us was awesome! Big thanks to Colin and Ian for all of thier organisational skills and to the gang for all turning up and making it a good one again.

Here are a few pics of our display and weekend.

As always.......more to follow, including a very special guest visit!! :lol: :lol:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 20:02 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Very nice gentlemen.....nice to see the "Iron Men of Metz" being represented...and the details of late war M-44 packs shown.
Devil is in the details....

Regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:56 pm 

We always keep it fresh by undertaking different units in different locations from both sides of the war Mr Lloyd sir.

Thanks for the comments and yes, the devil is definately in the detail!!!! :twisted:

More to follow.........

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 13:20 pm 

Group: Hampshire Regt.
You end up looking more like Yanks than the Yanks I know portraying Yanks!

Great Job!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:38 pm 

Wow yeah, that was pretty freakin cool! Its safe to say you guys know what your doing. I had a good laugh and the battle, display (and of course the fire) was propper high grade... oh and when I got home...it.. well, lets just say its been a long time since I've blocked it :shock:

yeah cheers for the invite to the gig and the BBQ. Did I say it was a laugh? And you can blow S club out ur arse hole!

nice pics and Martin was cool.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:43 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
2 words Mr Chris from TFH

Keep it Real

Regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 15:51 pm 
1000+ Poster

Another great weekend away at Detling

couldn't ask for any more from Roger Aslett

great to be able to sell some bits to SOF and Blunderbuss

Bought some nice bits, mint 44 dated Brit made wirecutter pouch,Mint Brit 45 dated 44 pattern officers pack,U.S Mint gas hood for a fiver,and a Mint Boyt 44 Doughboy pack tail for £4 and some guy selling Italian WW2 first field dressings for £1

Nice to do another late war Infantry scenario and another Division (its not hard to rebadge! :roll: )

Next one is Sept 44 at the victory show

Cheers to Chris for the BBQ and the the special guest stars visit (pics to follow)

P.S Nic its a red card for you AGAIN!

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:22 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Thunder From Heaven
Thanks to all for making it another thoroughly enjoyable Detling.

Always enjoy attending this one. 3 days of laughs, and fun. Great public on the Saturday and Sunday and hats off to those who attended on the Monday in what can only be called atrocious weather!!! Real hard core !!!!!!

Looking forward to the Victory show now and looking even more forward to getting next years display organised as discussed. Have come up with a few more ideas to add to it which will make the display incredible !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thunderfromheaven.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:45 pm 

More pics as promised......

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:48 pm 

and our very special guest member for the day ............

never fear though...................we got him!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 18:39 pm 
1000+ Poster

Just about got over the fits of laughter of Richard playing "Der Fuhrer". I had the pleasure of having the picture hung on the wall of the cabin, at the foot of my bed over the weekend. After a bottle of wine and a couple of nips of whiskey courtesy of Nic, I went to bed. Nothing sinister in this, until I realised the eyes followed me around the cabin ! Quite surreal really !

Colin

Living my dream my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next