WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:26 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: THe best Grenades
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:38 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Thunder From Heaven Retired list
M24 and M43 Stick grenades

M39 Smoke

M39 egg grenades

looking at June '44 onwards...

in both Green and Tan, metal and wood...

Who, where, and how much...

GMAX... site out of date... can we get in the UK?

Stick grenade carry case... cost etc...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 15:41 pm 
2000+ Poster

M24 and M43 Stick grenades;
I perfer the M43's there alot more sexy but normal repro m24's are easyer to find also they are considerd less effective than the egg grenade as they are quite easy to pick up once thrown at you but it could be thrown futher wich was a plus

M39 Smoke;
not sure it was mainly engineers that carried them

M39 egg grenades;
with ring or without? the one with the ring was a lateer war mod (1942?) and wasent as good as the british/american grenades as they relyed on the blast and no fragmentaion

looking at June '44 onwards...;
june 44 onwards was any thing from egg m24 or m43 allthough i havent seen as many M43's as the rest but they were in quite large numbers too

in both Green and Tan, metal and wood...;
the M24 was mostly olive green but some very rear ones were painted tan only by one company as far as i know the M43's on the other hand were the other way round only very rear 43 dated and some 44 dated ones were painted green Egg grenades were only painted Black i have seen some tan ones but could be post war czeck?? i have yet to inspect one

Who, where, and how much...;
Worldwide arms do good repro M24's and smoked at £33 each you can get better repros for £50 but the WWA will doo OK
richard did some excellent M43's and eggs i got from an ex 916er but dont think he has them any more but they were spot on! also the europian dealers that come to Detling Beltring Ect have some nice replica eggs the eggs i wouldent pay more than £20 for a dicent one

GMAX... site out of date... can we get in the UK? As above

Stick grenade carry case... cost etc... these are about £40 each for a repaint i have one with origional paint stencelling and rack and payed £150 for it but was 2 years ago there was one at Beltring for £250 this year but £100-150 for a nice origional tin and £150-200 for the rack

Anything else you want to know you know im into my grenades ;)

Also Dislexic :lolroll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:43 am 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Group: Kriegsmarine Küstenabteilung
I wonder when they first started putting the lettering on the head of the stick grenade telling the soldeir to insert fuse before useing lol But I guess someone might just throw it without a fuse in it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:09 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA, by far the most flexible way to re-enact
Relics do an M43 which is not too bad, I've not seen another repro in the UK in resent times. Spier Productions may have them if you can track them down, try Gun Mart for an advert.
Eggs, R.A.Underwood had them at the last show I went to.
Worldwide are about the best repro for M24 and Nebel, nice tin cans and they come apart quite well. A bit oaver aged if anything but 10 times better than the £12 'solid wood ideal for re-enactor' lumps you see elsewhere.

Sean Tighe

Stigroadie@aol.com
http://www.afra.org.uk/

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 pm 

Stigroadie wrote:
Relics do an M43 which is not too bad, I've not seen another repro in the UK in resent times. Spier Productions may have them if you can track them down, try Gun Mart for an advert.
Eggs, R.A.Underwood had them at the last show I went to.
Worldwide are about the best repro for M24 and Nebel, nice tin cans and they come apart quite well. A bit oaver aged if anything but 10 times better than the £12 'solid wood ideal for re-enactor' lumps you see elsewhere.

We make the grenades that Speer productions and RA Underwood sold. Enquiries for supplies of any of the following and prices, quantity discounts etc should be addessed to my boss at Jaco.james@btconnect.com.

Products:-
German WW1 M16 stick grenade
German WWII M24 stick grenade
German WWII M39 Egg grenade Mks 1 & 2 (with and without base ring)
German WWII M43 Stickgrenade (with egg grenade fuse in the top)
German WWII Tellermine 42
German Panzerfaust 30M Grosse Large head tubular trigger mech
German Panzerfaust 60M Large head pressed trigger mech

Items are made in metal and wood in the style of the originals and are supplied in either early war green/grey or Late war sand coloured paint, all items feature correct waffenamt stamps, maker codes, burned in markings on grenade handles, stencil painted instructions on stick grenade heads etc.

We were the first to make these replicas and looking at the internet today and viewing other offerings, still the best!

Hope this helps.
Chris C.