WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 0:40 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 21:47 pm 

Group: SBG
I've had an idea for what would look rather interesting during a battle
Step one, buy a mock up Panzerfaust rocket from somewhere, or make one.
Step two, buy a C02 cartridge.
Step three, put CO2 cartridge in the tail end of the tube, in such a way as gas will vent out the back in a big dramatic looking puff of 'smoke'
Step four, attatch the trigger to the C02 device, or make a firing mechanism so when one pulls the trigger, a puff of smoke shoots out the back, but no rocket comes out the front.
Does anyone know how to achieve this?

The end result will be me leaping up to fire the panzerfaust, yell something suitably dramatic, pull the firing pin... and the weapon fails to fire but with a plume of smoke coming out the back as the rocket has misfired, then I squeeze the trigger again, frantically pumping it to try and make the rocket work until some GI shoots me. That's the plan anyway
Your thoughts?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:49 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Dont you mean panzerschreck?

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am 

Group: SBG
No
I mean the Panzerfaust.
One shot weapon rather than a huge metal tube.