WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 pm 
4000+ Poster

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with SOFs replica panzerfausts?

Thanks

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 pm 
3000+ Poster

Didn't we have this thread yesterday ?

PM sent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 13:29 pm 
4000+ Poster

Not by me.

If it has been asked before i apologise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 14:43 pm 

We did, we have had a few times, we wont for long as they are not importing more.
They are a very good replica, one of the best. Just missing the cardboard cap for the base of the tube, but that wasn't seen on all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:20 am 

Group: Great British Bigfoot Appreciation Society
Hey guys,
Apparantly their old ones are top notch but I saw their new panzerfausts from China last weekend at Stoneleigh and they sucked!! They were apparantly selling them cheap at £65 as a show sale price.
Okay here are my reasons why these new ones are so bad:
The bombs have no spring out fins.....they are painted gloss green for some odd reason and they just looked awful! And the most horrifying thing I saw all weekend was this guy buying one and as the guy from the stall peeled off the price sticker he tore off half of the instructions on the tube!!! Yes that's right they were waterslide style not stenciled!
Luckily I didn't get conned by SOF and got a top quality one from some Polish guy for £85....I woould have haggled but he couldn't even speak English!

Tom

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:31 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Fallschirmhans wrote:
Hey guys,
Apparantly their old ones are top notch but I saw their new panzerfausts from China last weekend at Stoneleigh and they sucked!! They were apparantly selling them cheap at £65 as a show sale price.
Okay here are my reasons why these new ones are so bad:
The bombs have no spring out fins.....they are painted gloss green for some odd reason and they just looked awful! And the most horrifying thing I saw all weekend was this guy buying one and as the guy from the stall peeled off the price sticker he tore off half of the instructions on the tube!!! Yes that's right they were waterslide style not stenciled!
Luckily I didn't get conned by SOF and got a top quality one from some Polish guy for £85....I woould have haggled but he couldn't even speak English!

Tom

The reason the bombs have no fins is that projectiles with stabilising fins are illegal. In theory, you could get the old repros to work, given the correct amount of pyro up the tube. They were on really dodgy ground with those replicas ;)

http://www.afra.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:19 pm 

Sweeeet! Cheap and illegal! You just made my morning Baggypants! Actually on one tv show on the history channel...I think it was Al Murray's road to Berlin, he fired a replica panzerfaust at a Sherman. I'm guessing this was one of those delightful converted jobs! Not that I was planning such a dastardly deed **looks from side to side in a shifty manner**

Tom :D

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:50 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: AFRA
I also got one for £85 from that Polish guy - spot on. Something on the stall next to his smelt really bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 13:02 pm 

Cookie wrote:
I also got one for £85 from that Polish guy - spot on. Something on the stall next to his smelt really bad...
Too right! I believe it was the Brit Arctic coats on the rail that smelled bad! My buddy said his coat smelled real bad when he got one off the internet too!
I remembered after I left, the stall next to the Polish fellow had frag sleeves for stick grenades for about £3! Damnit!

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 18:16 pm 
2000+ Poster

hmm i want 3 anyone got some?? or the SOF one really that bad?

Also Dislexic :lolroll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 18:45 pm 

Hey Reidmuller, yeah only going on what I saw at Stoneleigh and they are the same ones in the latest catalogues for SOF! Their old ones are good, as far as I know they have 1 Klein left but other than that it's the new horrible ones!

Tom

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 0:30 am 
2000+ Poster

good info i was going to order one today dont think ill bother know

http://southstaffswaterarchives.org.uk/ ... 0Years.pdf

Collecting officers service dress and OR/EM uniforms of the following,
Worcestershire regiment 2nd div 7th battalion
USMC dress blues and winter greens
USN pto uniforms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:31 am 
4000+ Poster

Glad i asked as i saw them on sale and was thinking of buying one.If theyre that crap ill give it a miss.
Might save up and have a look at aRELICS one although most of their stuff is total crap these dont look too bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 16:38 pm 

lipton wrote:
Glad i asked as i saw them on sale and was thinking of buying one.If theyre that crap ill give it a miss.
Might save up and have a look at aRELICS one although most of their stuff is total crap these dont look too bad
Depending how much you want to spend Kommiss in Germany have some top quality ones, they look the same as the one I bought which is excellent. I don't know if you can import them, I imagine so at the moment but sooner or later their banning importing replicas. Contact them anyway! They have alot of other neat stuff too:

http://www.kommiss.com/product_info.php ... cts_id=192

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 16:40 pm 

O and Lipton the ones from relics I haven't seen but I know that the bomb head is made from wood as I contacted them a while ago about it and I think it is attached to the launch tube also, I don't know if the sights lift or anything though, I guess contact them and ask, perhaps they have new ones in!

Tom

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:15 am 

I retract my earlier praise as I've just seen the 'Thing' they now sell as a panzerfaust. I own one of the older production models and based my comments on that and the website photo which shows the same.
Shocking! How can they go from selling what was one of the best replicas to flogging this piece of s**t.
Plastic/vynil labels throughout have replaced the stencils and paper label of the old model. The tube wall thickness now isn't, its thin-ness.
The trigger grouping is about 50% too big and missing stencils and any of the finesse of the last type. Pop rivets anyone?
The warhead is so poor as to be a joke, not to mention, mould lines, tooling marks, repairs and physical damage. I know the originals were mass produced under difficult conditions but the real deal survivors I have seen were nowhere near as poorly made or in such bad shape.
They have dropped the price but made no mention of a different supplier or drop in quality, it looks like you are getting a deal, esp. as the photo on the web site is of the older type.
It might be considered 'gamesmanship' or just making a profit, but its misleading and close to desception. What is shown and described is not what you get. Send them back, I am.