WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:12 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 20:44 pm 

Group: 21st panzer
what the best blanks to use in the mp3008?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 20:47 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: "They Led the Way"
Moved to Axis weapons-machine pistols.

Wullie

Wullie Mulgrew CSRT
http://theyledtheway.freeforums.org/index.php

http://www.facebook.com/theyledtheway.

Rangers Lead The Way!

https://www.wisepropertycare.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 22:33 pm 
1000+ Poster

Location: with don-10 under my finger nails and black & tan around my feet.
Group: 85th Gebirgsjager
That rather depends on the manufature of the MP3008. Is it an original one? Ok, I already know the answer.

Ask the person who made it. If you cannot, then experiment with different types till you find the type that works best.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5121552.stm

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson, Quoting Cesare Beccaria. 1809

------------------------------------------
"The 39-45 Society"
Trinity Pyrotechnics. http://www.trinityfx.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am 

Group: Second Battle Group
as a rule of thumb, use winmag, they have less bang than the red tip privi blanks. This is a good starting place that wont bang the back of the receiver.

Or looking at the vent hole, if its about 3.3 mm dia, its winmag, bigger its privi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am 
1000+ Poster

The problem these days is finding anyone who will sell you any Wimmmag other than the manufactuer.

If any groups buy in bulk and are willing to sell to individuals I would be interested to know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 19:09 pm 

REME 245 wrote:
The problem these days is finding anyone who will sell you any Wimmmag other than the manufactuer.

If any groups buy in bulk and are willing to sell to individuals I would be interested to know.

Why dont you make it yourself then?

If you are interested, then I will give you the recipe, and the know how to make them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:05 am 
1000+ Poster

I may take up your offer in future but as I currently live in rented accomindation and I assume I would need a licence (and gun cabinet) to buy the propellent this is not an option.

The initial set up costs for one person may also make it bit expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 17:24 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: AFRA
The real question you want to be asking yourself is what are you going to be doing with the MP3008? If you're not reenacting the Deutscher Volkssturm then you might as well bring out an SA80 or M16 and blart around with one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 18:44 pm 

Group: Great British Bigfoot Appreciation Society
Cookie wrote:
The real question you want to be asking yourself is what are you going to be doing with the MP3008? If you're not reenacting the Deutscher Volkssturm then you might as well bring out an SA80 or M16 and blart around with one of them.

Good point, the blank fire MP3008's are a point of contention lately in the reenactment community. They are no good for any kind of historical reenactment unless you are Volksturm and even then it's very limited. I know they are the most redily available blank firer but they aren't the best choice. You'd be better off going for a converted MP40 if you can get one and dare to use it! The best alternative is to get yourself a K98 on ticket and use that badboy!

Tom

CAN I GET A HOOAH?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 19:55 pm 

Fallschirmhans wrote:
You'd be better off going for a converted MP40 if you can get one and dare to use it! The best alternative is to get yourself a K98 on ticket and use that badboy!

Tom

You will find that not everyone is able obtain and FAC and buy a K98, because of things like the area they live in for example.
And the list of available MGC's is small and the price high.
Thats why people use other alternative BF's, it allows them to get into the hobby and have some fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 21:21 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: pathfindergroupUK
steve wrote:
Thats why people use other alternative BF's, it allows them to get into the hobby and have some fun.

airsofting is down the hall, first on the left.

bundy flak jackets are also another way to get into the hobby for w-ss , cheap and have a laugh at the same time by taking the p**s. No difference then using a 3008, wernt used by 99% of the units we portray . People mong at people for using glocks as b/f and AK's as MP43's but its acceptable for a 3008 ? why ?
ill wear my GSG9 helmet next time and put my hands to my side and say what at the same time.......

yes i need to get out more, yes i need to get my head out of the books and yes steve, i wrote this knowing full well im gonna get a backlash :) :)

hugs and kisses
Tom

Dutch B Wing Para course June 24 2010
Driel DZ holland, Sept 18th 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtF47xPBIv0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 21:26 pm 
2000+ Poster

Tom...! Have you been sniffing the meths again? :roll: :D :D

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/ ... _face1.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 21:41 pm 
2000+ Poster

i wish...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 22:45 pm 

Tom Gow wrote:
steve wrote:

airsofting is down the hall, first on the left.

bundy flak jackets are also another way to get into the hobby for w-ss , cheap and have a laugh at the same time by taking the p**s. No difference then using a 3008, wernt used by 99% of the units we portray . People mong at people for using glocks as b/f and AK's as MP43's but its acceptable for a 3008 ? why ?
ill wear my GSG9 helmet next time and put my hands to my side and say what at the same time.......

yes i need to get out more, yes i need to get my head out of the books and yes steve, i wrote this knowing full well im gonna get a backlash :) :)

hugs and kisses
Tom

OK Tom, now that you have your GSG helmet on, take cover, but I will make it quick.
BTW, it wasn't that many years ago that GSG helmets were all you can get for FJ impressions, now you can get repro FJ helmets.

I have been reenacting for 13 years, but then again I was a member of a group with exceptionally high standards, what about yourself?
Have you been reenacting for a long time, or are you one of these 5 minute experts, on the scene for 5 minutes and therefore dont really understand the reasons behind why things like 3008's and other stuff exists on the scene.
Other stuff like Swedish converted unifroms, Spanish helmets, Bundy gaiters were all used, but with the Chinese repros, these no need to use them anymore.
The same can be said for BF's. 3008's were a cheap option for German reenactors who didn't want to use the ubiquitous captured sten. MGC's were virtually unobtainable.
I know cos I made loads of 3008's for German reenactors.
Nowdays though, with other stuff available, i don't make 3008's anymore', theres no need to as there is a lot more other stuff available, and MGC's are coming out the woodwork.
So you are seeing the lingering remains of the past, just like the Swedish converted tunics that still pop up.

And as for air soft, I find that its better than blank firing weapons at private battles. No longer can people say you missed me or I got you first, its either a hit or a miss now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:18 am 
2000+ Poster

were is the word here. Were used and now a thing of the past , we should be getting past crappy mock ups of things of the past.

Swedish tunics were used, now not acceptable , same with many old items of kit which were used for ' it will do' . We should be passed this now and stepping things up another level.

Ive been on the scene for nearly 6 years now, biult up enough experience to understand what is right and wrong. But it doesnt take 5mins to find out what is right and wrong and the reasons why we follow such horrors.

So, Were , old, thing of the past , ditch it, bin it and move on, treat them as the old swedish stuff. were in 2010 now, lets step up the game and get rid of the simple 'it will do' crap .

Im going back into the box now, think weve spent long enough on the subject :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:29 am 

Tom Gow wrote:
Im going back into the box now, think weve spent long enough on the subject :)

agreed, its been done to death.

One last question though, out of interest, what do you use as a BF?