WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 13:07 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: blank firing?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:12 pm 

Group: none currently
hi is there any sites that sell blank fire k98 or other german weps that fire blanks only? ty

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: blank firing?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:15 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: HBSA, Lovat Society, UKPSA
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=blank+firing+W ... an+weapons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:15 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
K 98, I think no.

Get one on an FAC.

Pistols yes, but you must meet the requirements of the VCR bill.

Look in that section alot of your answers will already be in there.

All the best.

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:46 pm 

saddler wrote:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=blank+firing+WW2+german+weapons

ha i did funny as that is i already looked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 15:13 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
What about in the UK?

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 18:27 pm 

yeh thats what i meant tbh sorry i should of been more clear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 18:32 pm 

Young man(well, younger than me! :P), you have a lot of reading to do on the VCRA before even thinking about trying to purchase a replica weapon. If your motivation for getting into reenactment is purely to play soldiers and shoot some bang-bangs I'd suggest thinking long and hard about it. Just my take on it, judging by some of your recent posts....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 19:58 pm 

oh kk sorry guys for wasting your time

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 20:06 pm 

I'm not suggesting you're wasting our time, nor am I trying to be harsh Jeddy. Just a number of your posts scream of 'MUST GET GUN' to me. If you do indeed just want to shoot people with fake guns, there may be cheaper ways to get your kicks than playing with blank firers.

Anyway, there are certain requirements that need to be met to purchase a realistic imitation firearm in the UK these days, so you'd best read up on the VCRA. These rules apply to blank firers, airsoft, and non firing replicas :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 22:34 pm 
1000+ Poster

Location: with don-10 under my finger nails and black & tan around my feet.
Group: 85th Gebirgsjager
No such thing as a "blank firing K98". It's either deactivated firearm which does not fire blanks or a section1 firearm that does. End of.

A replica K98 is not a firearm, its a "realistic imitation firearm" i.e. imitating a firearm but not being one. Comes under VCRA and does not fire blanks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5121552.stm

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson, Quoting Cesare Beccaria. 1809

------------------------------------------
"The 39-45 Society"
Trinity Pyrotechnics. http://www.trinityfx.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 22:39 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: HBSA, Lovat Society, UKPSA
BarnacleBill wrote:
No such thing as a "blank firing K98". It's either deactivated firearm which does not fire blanks or a section1 firearm that does. End of.

A replica K98 is not a firearm, its a "realistic imitation firearm" i.e. imitating a firearm but not being one. Comes under VCRA and does not fire blanks.

Apart from the blank firing K98 replicas...
They use the small, pistol type, 8mm blanks

NOT saying they are cheap, common or easy to find...but they DO exist.

Need to be over 18 to buy them, VCRA, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:40 pm 
1000+ Poster

Location: with don-10 under my finger nails and black & tan around my feet.
Group: 85th Gebirgsjager
saddler wrote:
BarnacleBill wrote:

Apart from the blank firing K98 replicas...
They use the small, pistol type, 8mm blanks

NOT saying they are cheap, common or easy to find...but they DO exist.

Need to be over 18 to buy them, VCRA, etc.

Fair one but they're hardly even worth mentioning to be honest. A mere toy IMHO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5121552.stm

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson, Quoting Cesare Beccaria. 1809

------------------------------------------
"The 39-45 Society"
Trinity Pyrotechnics. http://www.trinityfx.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 23:32 pm 
4000+ Poster

BB. I rarely pay much attention to the bits at the bottom of peoples posts. Ive seen your posts with those pictures in for ages now.....pulled me up a bit short when I actually read what was under neath their photo.
maybe jeddy should have a follow of the link i just have and have a serious second thought about playing at war...........

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 23:07 pm 

Group: n/a
i attended a ww2 at tutbury castle this weekend just gone, and the guys i had met there before lent me kit to go on for the skirmish ( german ) the brits and americans had blank firing thompsons and a blank firing m1, as i am thinking of joining this group i wanted a blank firing k98 or mp40 ( not just to shoot people, i did my first re-enactment battle 37 years ago, in fact later i did have a m1 tapped by bill greenwood to fire on semi auto...although it was smooth bore,) i have never had a fac only shotgun certs and blank powder certs, however after the dunblane shootings and at a time when i changed my periods of interest i sold all my guns, and haven't until this weekend even thought about getting any more, so i wanted to see what was about and the current sort of price, as the american forces had blank firers smg and rifle, i dont fully understand why there are no german equivalents, from what little i ( think ) i know you can have a deactivated blank firer yet not a purpose purpose built blank firer, as the 98 and 40 are under shotgun lengths i can only assume anyone with firing one of these are on fac, ( single shot ) or is there anyone who sells blank firing german weapons ?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
Quite often at events there are section 5 weapons hirers for the battles, but there are strict rules regarding the hiring of such weapons and certain criteria has to be met.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Frenchie wrote:
i know you can have a deactivated blank firer yet not a purpose purpose built blank firer?
That is as they say 180 degrees out of phase. Upside down or backwards. You can have a purpose built blank firer. You can not mess with a deact to make it do anything.
Generally, if you want a rifle you need to get a FAC and buy a real rifle.
If you want an SMG you get a purpose built or converted replica blank fire only.
If you want an MG you are mostly out of luck, there are a very few replicas that fire blanks and there are the pop pop fart gas guns.
The other option is as has been said, Section 5 hire at larger battles. You are unlikely to get this at the likes of Tutbury due to the costs.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."