WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:39 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am 

Hi

I managed to bag myself a rather splendid Mosin Nagant rifle and I am now looking for some inert rounds for the weapon. Am I correct in assuming that if I manage to get a clip with 5 rounds then this will slide into the magazine into the rifle? I know that when i push the bolt back it will attempt to push the top round into the breach and of course wont be able to, but will it work with 4 round in the clip? At the moment I have 4 loose 7.62mm rounds which I push down by hand into the magazine and this means the bolt doesn't have a round to chamber when i push it back. Does it work like an American Garand rifle, ie. when all rounds are fired the clip/bandolier then 'pings' out?
Sorry if my questions appear dumb, I am new to this!

cheers

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 13:54 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: За Оборону и В.И.К "Патриот"
Don't worry! - I thought that too when I first bought the Mosin Nagant weapon system. All the actual clip does is help feed the patroni (bullets) into the vintovka (rifle) and doesn't go inside like a Garand.

Open the bolt.

You will see a small notch right at the back of the open receiver.

Put the loaded stripper clip in this so it sits just inside.

Then with your thumb push the top most round sitting in the clip down. All the patroni will slide in leaving the empty stripper clip standing up in the receiver. (They will make a nice warry trrikkkkk sound as they go in as well.)

Naturally you then take the stripper clip out.

The next bit might be fiddly if you are putting all five patroni into the magazine - whilst pushing the top bullet down into the magazine try and jiggle the bolt over the top of it so that you can close the bolt.

"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 16:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 2nd guards rifle division
Dont worry if you have trouble with the stripper clips they are very awkward to work so most soviet reenactors choose to load the rounds individually.

http://2ndguards.com/index.html