WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 18:29 pm 

Group: Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 (FJR6)
FJR6 (UK) recently took Wolf Schulze to IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire, where we had an opportunity to take some photos in kit alongside the Ju52 and a Fieseler Storch which he flew on the Eastern Front.

He was insistent that he joined us donning his acquired uniform. :) A little frail these days but certainly had a skip in his step at Duxford despite his 88 years.

Understandably not as agile as he was, so we economised with the harness. :)

Wolf with his son, John

Last edited by gerhardt grob on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 19:20 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
Nice one Fellas,

he looks great for 88, good on you for making this happen.

Cheers Dave

' Jeez, where's that damned Lt. taking us now, he's gonna get us all killed'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 20:37 pm 

WORKS FOR ME GUYS!

Well done, and you all look great, espically Wolf!

Kenny

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 am 

Location: MEDWAY TOWNS - But currently steam rolling through Polska as part of POLENFELDZUG
Group: DAS HEER LHS
Absolute superb. Wouldn't have expected anything less from you chaps!

http://www.dasheer.org - representing the Ordinary conscripted German soldier 1938-1941

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 13:06 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FHF / 150th Engineer Combat Battalion, XIIth Corps
Ditto! Well done all.

Ashley

www.reenactor.se (Essex Regt.)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org (150th Engineer Combat Battalion)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 19:51 pm 

It is with much sadness to say Wolf passed away last week.

Wolf left us on Thursday 21/04/2016 at his nursing home in Kent. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's for some time and had become very frail and succumbed to malnutrition in his final days.

His wife Mavis had passed away last year, 17/04/2015. Wolf would have been 92 tomorrow.

The funeral is on Friday 20th May 2016, 0945 hrs at Medway Crematorium, Robin Hood Ln, Chatham, Kent ME5 9QU. I have spoken to a friend of the family who states it would be nice to see any of the re enacting community who wish to attend.
(Donations to Alzheimers.)

I had visited both Mavis and Wolf on many occasions and had the pleasure to take this fine gentleman out from time to time. He was a man of few words but always astute and never afraid to rebuff you if he felt your historical knowledge was letting you down. He had written his memoirs which his wife had two bound copies produced for his sons. I was loaned one and it made fascinating reading. He thought no one would be interested!!

RIP Wolf.

Last edited by gerhardt grob on Sat Oct 15, 2016 20:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 15:59 pm 

Wolf had his farewell send off today with a small gathering of family and friends.

His son John had managed to persuade the Crematorium to play " Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden" as the congregation entered. It was a very moving and appropriate choice for the man. There was a service at his local church afterwards and a montage of his life was shown, including a nice photo of Wolf sitting with Feldwebel Milsche (Steve Middleton) on his motorcycle sidecar taken at The War and Peace Show, Beltring (UK).

John was grateful for all that our group had done for Wolf in the past, especially getting him involved in something that had such a profound effect on his life. I was repeatedly introduced as 'One of the reenactors' and subsequently humbled by the thankfulness from people who knew what a pleasure Wolf had had when we had taken him to various events and getting him involved.
One overriding comment made was that by being accepted for what he had represented Wolf was able to overcome to a degree, some of the horrors and demons that had plagued him after he had returned to civilian life. For that, as a group we are honoured. As re enactors we had made a veteran deeply proud and not in any way ashamed or embarrassed for what he had symbolised.

Wolf you will be missed.