WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 0:19 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:09 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Hi.

theres a few different types of bren to go for, they all look kick ass cool only difference is cost really. :machinegun:

theres the original mk1, which has the shaped but for the rear handle, theres only by estimate about 4000 of these left anywhere, since most were lost or destroyed at dunkirk. go for about 350-400 pounds.

mk1a, almost the same as a mk1, but alot cheaper, about 210.

mk2 (which i have.) massive simplification of the mk1 for mass production, is heavier than a mk1. I got mine from ryton arms for about 195 if i remember rightly. and that come with the transit chest, cover and spare mags.

mk3, lightened version of the mk2, shoter barrel etc...., but costs alot. havent seen one for years and back then was priced at 300 quid.

a friend of mine has an original mk1 bren, he got it for 75 pound off ryton over 5 years ago, was covered in white DP paint but looks great now.

hope this helps :D

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 13:09 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Victory in Europe Reenactment Association
What about the MkI/II?

Chris

Victory in Europe Reenactment Association
One of "Monty's Men"
http://www.vera39-45.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 13:42 pm 
 YIM  Profile

My Bren is semi-auto and it cost me around 2G. Here is a pic from the range this weekend. Its a MK1 with a MkII barrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 20:21 pm 
3000+ Poster

commando sniper wrote:
Hi.

mk1a, almost the same as a mk1, but alot cheaper, about 210.

Do you mean the Mk1M, which was the modification of the Mk1 (dove-tail)?
I paid £95 for mine at Beltring 4 years ago, and £350 for my Mk1 about 6 months ago, next in my sights a Mk2 :D

Korean War reenactment forum: http://www.theforgottenwar.proboards61.com/index.cgi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 22:00 pm 

commando sniper wrote:
Hi.

mk3, lightened version of the mk2, shoter barrel etc...., but costs alot. havent seen one for years and back then was priced at 300 quid.

The mk3 is actually a lightened mk1 receiver with a mk2 style ladder sight and lightened mk2 butt slide. The lightened mk2 was known as the mk4 but only 250 of these were made, It had the same lightened mk2 butt slide as the mk3. Both the mk3 and mk4 used the mk4 barrel, yes, the mk3 used a mk4 barrel not a mk3!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 22:06 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

m3bobby wrote:
commando sniper wrote:
Hi.

The mk3 is actually a lightened mk1 receiver with a mk2 style ladder sight and lightened mk2 butt slide. The lightened mk2 was known as the mk4 but only 250 of these were made, It had the same lightened mk2 butt slide as the mk3. Both the mk3 and mk4 used the mk4 barrel, yes, the mk3 used a mk4 barrel not a mk3!!

yup, thats the rest i couldnt remember lol. Its been a long long while since i ran off bren marks, not my area. sniper gear is more my thing. Was going to include the mk4 but wasnt it post war?