WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 19:50 pm 

Group: 'The Echelon'
I have one of these Replica Webley's, nice weight to them and they are not bad for a holster filler, I rubbed mine gently with wire wool, where the original would show wear and a bit of dirt into the pistol grips, looks great, the only bad thing it has a tiny spring and catch that sometimes falls out if you are not careful, if like me you cannot afford a 'real' weapon then they are a good alternative.

Nick

“Soldiers in the Army today are not treated like they were in the olden days. They are soldiers because they want to be and not because they have to be. Soldiers are well fed and well clothed and are always with their friends. They have busy lives and are happy men”

From “People at Work – The Soldier “. A Ladybird Easy Reading Book – 1966

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:30 pm 

Group: Tay/5 & 1st American Sqdn., Home Guard
I have one that says that it is made in Spain. As a toy for stuffing into a holster it is fine, but beware when opening the frame. There is a spring with a little ball bearing on the end of the spring, that is the cylinder stop, and when you open the thing the cylinder pops up a the ball bearing goes flying. Mine was missing the bb, got it at a reduced (barely) price, and now the cylinder spins around when you pull the trigger. One other thing is the catch to hold the frame closed seems to loosen up so that pulling the trigger a number of times the catch slips back off the top strap. Now after all that whining it does fit the bill as a holster stuffer, and I am more amused by its shortcomings than annoyed.

Cheers,
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 23:37 pm 

Group: The Great Exhibitonists
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=88294

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 22:16 pm 

Cobblers wrote:
I have one that says that it is made in Spain. As a toy for stuffing into a holster it is fine, but beware when opening the frame. There is a spring with a little ball bearing on the end of the spring, that is the cylinder stop, and when you open the thing the cylinder pops up a the ball bearing goes flying. Mine was missing the bb, got it at a reduced (barely) price, and now the cylinder spins around when you pull the trigger. One other thing is the catch to hold the frame closed seems to loosen up so that pulling the trigger a number of times the catch slips back off the top strap. Now after all that whining it does fit the bill as a holster stuffer, and I am more amused by its shortcomings than annoyed.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi

I'm late :oops:, they have a spring loaded little plastic shaft with a larger round head, which is one piece, just grease it, to hold it in

the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganiki. Black Adder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 19:11 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
I was wondering, has anyone come up with a clever idea for replacing lost springs and bearings for the Denix Webley? Mine are now lost and I would like to find a way of getting it working as it should once again.