WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: No. 7 bayonet
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 16:31 pm 
1000+ Poster

I believe these were used on the mkV sten and on the no.4 as a successor to the pig sticker. How rare are they, and what would be the price for one in very good condition, minus scabbard?

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:48 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: Unable to commit
This should give you an idea:
http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/v ... ht=bayonet

Lo, There Do They Call To Me, And Beg Me To Take My Place
In The Halls Of Valhalla, Where the Brave Shall Live Forever

In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, p**s and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

One enemy is never enough, two is far too many
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
Jo Hukam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:55 pm 
1000+ Poster

Cheers for the link Oggy, but no info on pricing. Could anyone give me someidea of what they go for?

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 19:07 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: Unable to commit
Try this link - Prices in Dollars tho:

http://bayonets.com/List2006-2-1.htm#British

or this:

http://www.ebayonet.com/bayonetsa_f.htm

Lo, There Do They Call To Me, And Beg Me To Take My Place
In The Halls Of Valhalla, Where the Brave Shall Live Forever

In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, p**s and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

One enemy is never enough, two is far too many
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
Jo Hukam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 13:26 pm 
1000+ Poster

Not all that rare. Shouldn't be expensive with no scabbard.
Thirty quid? Less?

Speculation is the secret vice of every history buff and...is unavoidable when passing judgements - Stephen E Ambrose
'It was noticeable that spirits were of the highest order whenever a mess tin of tea was being heated up' - S/Sgt Victor Miller, Glider Pilot Regiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 23:00 pm 

I'm not sure how much help this will be seeing as I'm in the US, but every once in a while I will see one at a gun show. If I recall correctly the prices seem to be lurking in the $60(US) to $100(US) range. Rough estimate that would be around 30-60-ish? quid? I would like to get one someday myself.
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:11 am 
1000+ Poster

Ok, thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:23 am 
4000+ Poster

Last ones ive seen on Ebay UK were anything from £50-£100 depending on condition and grip colour as im sure there were red and black gripped ones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:32 am 
1000+ Poster

Oh, ok. I know someone with one for £25, and I was thinking of getting it to sell on at a profit (I need all the cash I can get now Malvern has emptied my pocket!). It's in really great nick with all the parts moving smoothly and easily. It just has a little bit of yellow paint on the handle and no scabbard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:54 am 
1000+ Poster

Think the ebay price shows you what the 'real' price oughta be!
£25 sounds a fair price for one of these without a scabbard - not sure you'd get an awful lot more from someone who knew what they were buying, though.
Lipton is right - the black handled ones tend to fetch higher prices because they are (supposedly) rarer and (supposedly) designed for commando use.
Big time bayonet collectors I have spoken to assure me that the whole 'commando' thing is spurious, though.

Speculation is the secret vice of every history buff and...is unavoidable when passing judgements - Stephen E Ambrose
'It was noticeable that spirits were of the highest order whenever a mess tin of tea was being heated up' - S/Sgt Victor Miller, Glider Pilot Regiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:19 pm 

You could buy a No.5 or No.9 Bayonet scabbard or even a SLR Bayonet Scabbard, incidently the No.5 rifle bayonet was also used on the Sterling SMG.