WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:27 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 13:19 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
After a Browning A4 Booster (End of the Barrel) to convert Browning A6 to A4 for vehicle mounted operations.

Easy enough to get Stateside, however has anyone got any leads to one here in the UK.

30 CAL if possible, but repro and 7.62 would be considered.

Regards
Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 19:42 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
These were kicking around at Beltring. Failing that AMS in Belgium would have one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 20:05 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
30thcammo wrote:
These were kicking around at Beltring. Failing that AMS in Belgium would have one.

Hi Camo Man, can you remember who were selling them, would they perhaps be at Stoneleigh!

Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 22:18 pm 

You missed one on ebay last week. Why do you want to convert a very sought after A6 to A4 spec? Also there are 2 versions, I assume your not fussed, 1st version is for the M1 and 2nd for the M2 ammo. I cant remember if the Taper booster is M1 or if its the stepped booster. Have you also checked your A6 booster can be removed as the one on my old A6 was welded on as per late Deac regs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 22:38 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
There was a guy selling next to Gary Howards stand at Beltring he sells .50 and.30 cal HMG stuff as well as deacts, can't remember his name but lives down Romney Marsh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 0:46 am 

i do have about 3 different types... the one of the picture, the tapered one and another with different style but one piece.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 am 
Supporter

Group: independent
Numerich Gunparts , I got a flash hider off them without a problem , and apparently they are illegal to own! so I have been told ? if they are it came through from the states without problem !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:01 am 
1000+ Poster

I assume now offically a controled item as they now weld them on as part of the deactivation process.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 pm 

30thcammo wrote:
There was a guy selling next to Gary Howards stand at Beltring he sells .50 and.30 cal HMG stuff as well as deacts, can't remember his name but lives down Romney Marsh.

Thats Mike Priest of Priest Firearms.